formr opencpu / R server corrupted

Cyril Tata

Nov 24, 2023, 6:34:30 AM11/24/23
to formr
Dear formr users

Due to the server move this morning, the underlying hardware of the opencpu server got corrupted and therefore unusable. We have had to quickly set up a new opencpu server. This means you might not be able to find some R packages you have been using.

Kindly test your studies and reply to this email if you need some new package installed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards
Cyril

Luise Caesar

Nov 29, 2023, 10:24:00 AM11/29/23
to formr
Dear Cyril,

i am recently experiencing issues with one of my study links. (which still worked on Monday)

The error messages i am receiving are the following:  "there was a problem evaluating showifs using openCPU"

I would be happy if you could help out!
Best regards,
Luise
IMG_9361.HEIC

Katharina Klug

Nov 29, 2023, 12:05:13 PM11/29/23
to formr
Dear Cyril,

I seem to have the same problem, i.e. receiving the same error message, but apparently only when trying to access the study on the phone (not on a laptop). Could this also be due to the corrupted server? Would be grateful for updated on the situation.

Best wishes,
Katharina

Cyril Tata

Nov 29, 2023, 12:46:25 PM11/29/23
to Luise Caesar, formr
Dear Luise

Please could you access your study as  test user using the "Test Run" button so that you can see what the error details say? If it is about a missing package then I could install it right away.

Best regards
Cyril

Max Heise

Dec 4, 2023, 3:45:57 PM12/4/23
to formr
Dear Cyril,

we are experiencing some issues with our currently running study (wimba.formr.org).

Debugging using a test user shows that we cannot load the package " kableExtra". Apparently there is also a problem loading previous responses using "jsonlite".

Could you add those two packages?

Thanks for your help and a quick confirmation when those packages have been installed.

Max Heise

Luise Caesar

Dec 5, 2023, 4:19:03 AM12/5/23
to Cyril Tata, formr
Dear Cyril,

Sorry for my late response as I am doing the study as a side project. For me, the problem didn’t show up again when I tested the survey and used the normal study link.

Thanks for your quick response and help!

Ludwig Ohse

Dec 20, 2023, 11:12:00 AM12/20/23
to formr
Dear Cyril,

could you please install the "naniar" and "formattable" packages? We need them for our study.

Best regards,
Ludwig