Quotas

Larry Vincent

Jun 2, 2019, 1:59:56 PM6/2/19
to formr
What's the best way to implement quotas in formr? We currently use Qualtrics and create quotas for gender, age and geography when doing surveys. Once the quota is reached, respondents are politely thanked but disqualified from taking the survey using Qualtrics' survey flow branching. We do this often with sample suppliers. I'm assuming there is a programatic way to do this, or is there a built-in feature. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Larry Vincent

Jun 2, 2019, 8:23:04 PM6/2/19
to formr
I thought I might be able to do this through calculation items -- but I haven't been able how to query my survey's past results. When I inspect the R code, it looks like there is a data.frame created with null results. How do I access the past data collected in my survey? I'd like to sum a binary field to determine whether or not my survey has hit a pre-defined quota.

Ruben Arslan

Jun 5, 2019, 4:04:53 AM6/5/19
to Larry Vincent, formr
Hey Larry,

by default, only the data from the same user is available in that data frame.
We have no native support for quotas.
You can probably do this using the API, https://formr.org/documentation#api
but it will feel clumsy compared to Qualtrics.

Best,

Ruben

Luc Watrin

Oct 9, 2021, 3:55:21 AM10/9/21
to formr
Hi,

has anyone implement quotas in formr yet? I'm facing the same problem as Larry.

Best,
Luc