Use choice labels instead of numeric values from previous survey

iunda...@gmail.com

May 3, 2022, 2:12:20 AM5/3/22
to formr
Hi all

I would like to ask participants to check if certain answers from a previous point in time are still correct. However, if I use something like `r previous$item1` in the formr survey, I only get numeric values (e.g., 1, 2) when the question type was multiple choice. Is there a way to display the choice labels instead (e.g., "no", "yes")?

Best,
Adrian

Kai Horstmann

May 3, 2022, 9:52:10 AM5/3/22
to iunda...@gmail.com, formr
Hi Adrian,

there are two ways to achieve this: First, if the answer is multiple choice, you could store your responses in the choice sheet as „yes“ or „no“ in the name column. However, if you have already startet data collection, you could use r-code to transform the responses (e.g., an ifelse statement in this simple case). In more complex cases, you could use the calculate item to transform the entries from the previous survey.

Best wishes,
Kai