issues, possibly related to update

Tim Kaiser

Sep 8, 2022, 11:01:07 AM9/8/22
to formr
Hi, I have two problems that require urgent attention. They might have something to do with the update because they occurred just recently:

1. iframes don't work anymore. They are not shown.
2. In surveys using "get" items, inputs from the URL are not recognized anymore. An error (Error: error (missing GET param)) is shown even though I specified the parameters correctly in the URL.

Best,
Tim

Cyril Tata

Sep 8, 2022, 3:07:00 PM9/8/22
to Tim Kaiser, formr
Hi Tim

It would be helpful to see some example
1. Where are you trying to display the iframe?
2. How did you define the GET item in your sheet?

best
Cyril

Tim Kaiser

Sep 14, 2022, 3:58:57 AM9/14/22
to formr
The problems seem to have been resolved, everything is working as expected.
Message has been deleted

Paule Studie

Sep 16, 2022, 2:02:43 AM9/16/22
to formr
Hello!
I also have some problems since the update.

I have the same error with the get-paremters, I have them calculated in the first survey, like this:

calculate paste0(stringr::str_sub(survey_run_sessions$session,1,7),"_p")

but when I run the survey, every time I want to continue at the point where the parameters are calculated, formr jumps back to the point before the calculated element is included in the survey. However, it seems to work in Microsoft Edge and the problem occurs in Firefox (I haven't tried any other browser yet).

The problem continues in the second survey. Normally I can run the survey without the get parameters, but now I get the error described above when no parameters were previously calculated. This problem also occurs in test mode, I am not able to test the survey.

Also, there are many display errors, item answers overlap with the next items, etc. Do I need to manually reset the spacing between items or is there another way to solve this problem?

Cyril Tata

Sep 16, 2022, 4:00:04 AM9/16/22
to Paule Studie, formr
Dear Paule, GET parameters are not calculated but should come from the URL. Also check if your item is marked as optional and defined correctly. You could show the row in the sheet where this item is defined.

Paule Studie

Sep 16, 2022, 4:52:59 AM9/16/22
to formr
Ah sorry, I remebered that wrong! Marking the items as optional worked for me, and also the problem with the calculate parameters seems to be resolved, thank you!

But I really struggle with the display errors, I can fix some of them by resetting my sheet but most of them are displayed strangely even if the class-specifications are literally the same as for items that are displayed correctly. All of them used to be displayed correctly and are still displayed correctly in test mode.sheet.pngdisplay.png

Paule Studie

Sep 17, 2022, 1:39:10 PM9/17/22
to formr
I think the errors are occurring because I customized some things in the CSS. I had to delete all my customizations and now the items are displayed correctly. Maybe I will rebuild the customizations gradually in the next few days to see what exactly is causing the problem.