Integrate Experiment into Formr survey without Pavlovia

Elissa Chattat

Nov 9, 2023, 11:09:02 AM11/9/23
to formr
Hello,

I have been working on a daily diary study, for my thesis, that involves completing two experiments at specific time points throughout the study duration. The study is planned to extend over 3 months (approximately), and at two time points during each month, the participants' survey will be followed by the completion of the experimental tasks.

I am looking for a way to integrate the experiments into formr directly. I understand there is a "get code" option, however I am not sure if this is the solution to my issue as I did not find documentation that specifically addresses it.

If using "get code" is any option, may someone kindly lead me through the steps?

If not, please do guide me through other options.

Many thanks,
Elissa

Daniela Feistauer

Nov 10, 2023, 6:26:34 AM11/10/23
to formr
do you use psychopy in Pavlovia?

Elissa Chattat

Nov 13, 2023, 9:37:50 AM11/13/23
to formr
Yes, I developed an experiment on psychopy which I can connect to Pavlovia (as the creators explain in many videos on youtube).
However, I am looking for a way to integrate experiments into Formr without the use of Pavlovia, and possibly directly into formr if possible.
Any suggestions and clarification on my initial question regarding "get code" would be highly appreciated.

Ruben Arslan

Nov 13, 2023, 9:42:32 AM11/13/23
to formr
Hi Elissa,

I've only heard of users redirecting people to Pavlovia and back to formr, so the data are linked.
If the Psychopy implementation is in JS, maybe you can embed it in formr and store the data directly in formr. People have
done so for lab.js and jsPsych based experiments (search this list for examples). However, I don't have any experience with doing
this using Psychopy and it'll definitely take some programming chops.
get code is only used to link data from Pavlovia to formr (e.g., you could send Pavlovia's user id to formr). So it wouldn't be directly
integrated with in formr  without Pavlovia.

The direct route would involve custom Javascript in the run.

Best,

Ruben

Daniela Feistauer

Nov 14, 2023, 7:21:22 AM11/14/23
to formr
Hi Elissa,

your can work with parameters and the external link in Formr moduls. There you set the Link zu pavlovia:

Link back to formr:
in PsychoPy under properties - online - in-/completed URL to formr:
https://formr.de/RunName?code=expInfo['participant']
This Link I didn't test.

I don't think you need get in Formr.

Daniela