Analog Slider force horizontally

A_Wainright

Sep 19, 2021, 3:00:10 PM9/19/21
to formr

Is it currently possible? It doesn't really look usable on small screens. Otherwise I have to write a note to tilt the device.

Untitled2.png

Khaireddine Hadj Kacem

Sep 20, 2021, 11:09:03 AM9/20/21
to formr
Hi All,

I had last month the same problem and here is my solution. I used a fixed bar. So when you scroll down you will have the items fixed on the head of the page.
In this google-Sheet you can find an example, how I defined the mc-heading twice, one for the formr survey, and one as a placeholder(otherweise it will be problematic and the fixed bar will be on the first questions, so they will be hidden.).

Than you you can use this CSS-Code to fix it: (maybe some code is not necessary for you, but you can try it out und find the best for your survey: z-index and position are the keys of the solution)

.form-group.form-row.required.mc_width70.fixed.item-mc_heading{
    position: fixed;
    margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;
    padding:0px;
    border:2px  #8c8c8c solid;
    background: #ffffff;
    z-index: 1;
    width:71.7%;
}

.form-group.form-row.required.mc_width70.notfixed.item-mc_heading{
    margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;
    padding:0px;
    border:2px  #8c8c8c solid;
    background: #ffffff;
    z-index:-1;
}

This solution is only for computer and it will not be a good idea if people participate on the survey with phones. However you can define another survey with other google-Sheets for a new RUN. At the end you have 2 versions, one for computer and the 2nd for phone. I ask on the first page of the survey if the person would like to participate with computer, phone or tablet, and he/she will have the good version.

Best,
Khairi