showif %contains% with previous survey

Michal Hužva

Jan 4, 2024, 4:14:07 PMJan 4
to formr
As part of the run in survey, I want to use "showif" to show only some items based on the previous answers in the previous survey. Using previous_survey$answer %contains% "answer" doesn't work. I can't use == because it's a string of many characters. How else can I display fields in current survey based on values in previous survey?

thanks for advice or providing sources on that

Ruben Arslan

Jan 4, 2024, 4:17:52 PMJan 4
to formr
Your approach should work. In what way does it not work? Please send a reproducible example and try to clearly explain the goal.
Maybe this is helpful: https://github.com/rubenarslan/formr.org/wiki/How-to-use-showif-with-mc_multiple-(or-select_multiple)