fomr SignUp with local installation

Rodrigo Basilio

Sep 9, 2022, 11:27:22 AM9/9/22
to formr
Hi guys,

I managed to install formR in a local Ubuntu22.04 computer.
When I tried to signup to create an user, nothing happens, no errors is shown.
What can I do?

Best,

Rodrigo

Nick Christie

Nov 23, 2023, 7:00:17 AM11/23/23
to formr
Hi Rodrigo,

I was wondering if you have successfully got formr up and running and have solved this issue as I am having the same problem.  Actually, if you have any other tips or solutions you've found while installing formr, it would be great to hear them. I have been trying to get an instance up and running and having issues - your recent posts suggest you may have some current experience.

Thanks for any insights you may have,

Best,

Nick

Ruben Arslan

Nov 23, 2023, 10:18:18 AM11/23/23
to Nick Christie, formr
Hi everyone,

Here's a dockerized approach to setting up formr for development.

This doesn't take care of subdomains, isolating and restricting OpenCPU, reverse
proxies, database encryption, replication and backups.

My company https://researchmixtapes.com/ is available for consulting to make these
features, which I consider necessary for production, available for a fee.

formr is open source software and will remain so. But with the increasing number of
people wanting to self-host, we can only support those who use our standardized
approach. We simply don't have the time for anything else.

Best wishes,

Ruben

Rodrigo Basilio

Nov 23, 2023, 2:41:26 PM11/23/23
to Ruben Arslan, Nick Christie, formr
Hi Nick. I managed to install successfully last year. But maybe this docker approach will be better...

Nick Christie

Nov 27, 2023, 5:13:08 AM11/27/23
to formr
Hi Ruben,

Thank you!

I will attempt the dockerized approach and see if I can get things running.  I have yet to try out formr, but it does seem like it could be a great platform and I appreciate all the work you do.  It is also understandable that support can only go so far being open source and free.

Could you elaborate perhaps on what encompasses the support and your standardized approach?

For context, I am paying out of pocket for a VM to see if I can host an instance of formr per the recommendations here since there are no new sign-ups for formr.  If I am missing something regarding a standardized approach, I would be grateful to be pointed in the right direction.  Consultation would be nice, but unrealistic in my personal circumstance.

Best,

Nick

Nick Christie

Nov 27, 2023, 5:13:08 AM11/27/23
to formr
Hi Rodrigo,

Glad that you got it installed successfully.  I will try the docker approach and see how it goes, thanks for the response.

Best,

Nick