Skip modules not evaluated after survey expiration

sarah.k...@googlemail.com

Aug 23, 2021, 8:41:00 AM8/23/21
to formr

Hi everyone,

we are currently testing an ESM study and have run into issues with users getting stuck in skip modules after survey expiration.

the relevant modules are:
20 - Pause
30 - Email invitation
31 - Wait for reaction (90 minutes)
40 - ESM survey (start editing within 10 minutes, finish editing within 10 minutes, snooze 0 minutes)
45 - Skip forwards to 70 (always TRUE)
70 - Skip backwards to 20 Pause (loop)

In testing we found that users who started the survey but did not finish it were moved to the skip forwards (45) but get stuck in there. Users who filled out the questionnaire completely or did not respond to the email at all move through the survey and also through this module as expected, it is only those who let the survey expire who get stuck. In the user overview, the columns "left", "expires", and "Result" are empty when the users are stuck.

Interestingly, if I manually send users that are stuck in position 45 to position 45 again, the skip condition is evaluated and they then also move forwards. So it seems as if conditions are just not evaluated when users are moved to a module through expiration.

The same also happend when the next module was a skip backwards or a pause module. The conditions are never evaluated and users get stuck in the modules.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Has anyone had the same problem?

@Ruben: Could this somehow be related to the recent updates?

Best,
Sarah

Ruben Arslan

Aug 23, 2021, 9:06:58 AM8/23/21
to sarah.k...@googlemail.com, Lindsie Arthur-Hulme, formr
Hi Sarah (cc Lindsie),

I'm aware of this problem and currently working on it.

Best,

Ruben

Ruben Arslan

Aug 23, 2021, 12:37:21 PM8/23/21
to sarah.k...@googlemail.com, Lindsie Arthur-Hulme, formr
Cyril and I plan to release a fix tomorrow.

Ruben Arslan

Aug 24, 2021, 4:14:25 PM8/24/21
to sarah.k...@googlemail.com, Lindsie Arthur-Hulme, formr
This fix has now been released. We'd appreciate hearing from you whether this solved your issue.

sarah.k...@googlemail.com

Aug 25, 2021, 4:35:25 AM8/25/21
to formr
It seems like its working now!
Thank you so much for the quick help!

Lindsie Arthur-Hulme

Aug 26, 2021, 8:36:17 AM8/26/21
to Ruben Arslan, sarah.k...@googlemail.com, formr
It works! I've been waiting to see if it was a one time thing, but it looks good to me!

Thanks again Ruben!