New release coming up with rendering incompatibility

Gerda Shank

Feb 24, 2012, 4:49:59 PM2/24/12
to formh...@googlegroups.com
I've made a really lot of changes to the rendering in the last month,
partly in order to have good Twitter Bootstrap 2.0 rendering output.

Some of the changes will definitely break existing rendering. I've
provided a compatibility library on github to help in the conversion,
but if you use FormHandler's rendering, this will not be a release that
you can just install through CPAN and expect things to work.

Testing now might be a good idea...

The new rendering output is much more flexible and powerful, and you can
output very nice looking Bootstrap HTML by simply using the Bootstrap
wrapper widget and the Bootstrap theme. I also tried to make it possible
to put a lot of the rendering settings into a separate role, so that it
should be possible to have different themes that can be applied to the
same form.

A lot of the default output has changed, but in almost all cases you can
get the same output through various flags or settings or by using the
widget classes from the previous versions.

There are other features in this release too, like being able to render
in 'blocks' instead of just by fields. And some bug fixes.

Gerda

Ask Bjørn Hansen

Feb 24, 2012, 7:24:43 PM2/24/12
to formh...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 24, 2012, at 13:49, Gerda Shank wrote:

> I've made a really lot of changes to the rendering in the last month, partly in order to have good Twitter Bootstrap 2.0 rendering output.

That's very exciting!

Ask

Steve Schafer

Feb 25, 2012, 12:15:59 PM2/25/12
to formh...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Gerda!  I should be able to install the upgrade soon, and will touch base with comments.

Regards,
Steve Schafer