Release 0.40000 - Check rendering before deploying!

Gerda Shank

Mar 6, 2012, 6:27:52 PM3/6/12
to formh...@googlegroups.com
I've just uploaded 0.40000 to CPAN. There's a lot of changes,
particularly in rendering. If you use FormHandler rendering, you'll have
to make some changes before using the new version.

If you don't use rendering, there's not too much that's incompatible.
There's a change in inflation/deflation...

There are quite a few new little features. Can't even remember them all.
And the documentation has been changed quite a bit.

And there's Twitter Bootstrap 2.0 rendering.

Have fun...

Gerda

Alexey Illarionov

Apr 20, 2012, 3:05:42 AM4/20/12
to formh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:27:52 AM UTC+4, GShank wrote:
I've just uploaded 0.40000 to CPAN. There's a lot of changes,
particularly in rendering. If you use FormHandler rendering, you'll have
to make some changes before using the new version.

If you don't use rendering, there's not too much that's incompatible.
There's a change in inflation/deflation...

There are quite a few new little features. Can't even remember them all.
And the documentation has been changed quite a bit.

After switching I had problem when repeatable field contains subfileds that named as fields in parent form.
A test case is attached. Is this a planned change?

nested2.t

Alexey Illarionov

May 21, 2012, 6:40:08 AM5/21/12
to formh...@googlegroups.com, gerda...@gmail.com
Hi,

On 20.04.2012 11:05, Alexey Illarionov wrote:
> After switching I had problem when repeatable field contains subfileds that
> named as fields in parent form.
> A test case is attached. Is this a planned change?

Still problem on 0.40010.

I think error is in this commit:
https://github.com/gshank/html-formhandler/commit/882558729744607398f0e0bcc1cbee962e9c0341#L0R115

return $self->form->index->{$name}
if $self->form && exists $self->form->index->{$name};

This condition is not correct for compound fields.

@gshank, can you check this please?
nested2.t

Gerda Shank

May 21, 2012, 10:37:51 AM5/21/12
to Alexey Illarionov, formh...@googlegroups.com
Alexey:

Thanks very much for the testcase. It made it very easy to fix.

Fixed in the repo, should go out in a release relatively soon.

Gerda