WebHelpers

Mike Orr

Jan 22, 2008, 9:11:14 PM1/22/08
to forma...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that FormAlchemy is using WebHelpers. WebHelpers 2 will
have a different API. It hasn't been fully sketched out yet but the
ideas are here:
http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonsprojects/WebHelpers+ideas

We plan to have an alpha in February and the final (hopefully) by PyCon.

Please add any suggestions to the wiki page, or let us know if any of
the changes will adversely affect FormAlchemy.

--
Mike Orr <slugg...@gmail.com>

Alexandre Conrad

Jan 23, 2008, 4:09:39 AM1/23/08
to forma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I don't don't have much time to look at this huge list. Nice job, it
looks promising and having done such a wiki page for WebHelpers 2
involves a lot of time and thinking to the writers. Which can only lead
us to a well thought, good quality library. Note that if changes would
affect FA, I will have to change FA to adapt it to this new WH2. Plus,
FA doesn't have that much dependency with WebHelpers anyway, so it
wouldn't be much to change.

I've been so busy these late months on my work, FA really needs some
love. I'm thinking of a whole core rewrite. Even though it's very
flexible, I still bump into tasks that should trivially be done in FA,
which are not right now.

When I'll get less busy with my work, I'll get back on FA with new API
features.

Thanks for the note about WH2.

Regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD

pdepmcp

Feb 4, 2015, 9:00:07 AM2/4/15
to forma...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if it's a known problem or not but foreingkey relations are broken with the official webhelpers2 lib. In my pyramid project I need to forse the versione to 2.0rc2 to get it working (I added this line to reuires: 'webhelpers2 ==2.0rc2' )
The issue is related to the use of tuple/list in the init of Option class (html/tags.py) that are no longer allowed in the stable release but supported by the release candidate.

I hope it helps to save some time to others stuck with the same problem.