Hot Dry Summer Impact

FCHOA Webmaster

Jul 20, 2022, 12:53:42 AM7/20/22
to forestc...@googlegroups.com

Hot Dry Summer Impact

As you all know, we are in a record setting hot summer with no rain.  This is hard on all plant life.  Many homeowner lawns and the HOA greenbelt are suffering and turning brown from this heat and lack of rain.  While the HOA greenbelt is on reclaimed water for most of our irrigation to save money and conserve resources, our greenbelt is still struggling.  The HOA did a major turf renewal this spring, but this heat and drought is making it almost impossible to keep our turf alive, especially the new sod.  Additionally, our reclaimed water source is under tremendous strain because of the high demand by both the golf course (the primary user of this water line) and the HOA.  The golf course has had to significantly increase their usage to deal with this heat and drought.  As a direct result, the HOA irrigation systems are not getting enough water to keep our green belt green and our turf is struggling.  We have reached out to the golf course and the city and after multiple meetings and site visits have reached a sharing agreement which gives us windows of exclusive use of the water, allowing us to test our irrigation system, make repairs, and get more water on our green belt.  This has been a challenging issue, but it appears we are finally on our way to solving it. We appreciate the community’s continued input and patience while we proactively work through this historic hot and dry summer season to bring our landscaping up to the standard we all expect.

HOA Board of Directors