Flag and Sign Enforcement

FCHOA Webmaster

Sep 20, 2021, 10:23:48 AM9/20/21
to forestc...@googlegroups.com

This summer’s new State laws regarding HOA rules and regulations were passed.  We have worked with Real Manage and our legal team to ensure updates to our HOA and ARC rules and policies are in accordance with the laws of Texas.

As such, you may receive a warning or notice for violation for something that previously may not have been cited as an issue. We apologize if you are impacted by these changes, but we must apply the same rules and enforcement to all homeowners in Forest Creek. Of particular interest recently is the extra attention to flags and signs in our neighborhood. While many people want to put a school flag or other special interest flag or sign outside of their house, these have the potential to spread and create animosity and division within the neighborhood.

The ARC Standards have had and continue to have a very specific flag and sign policy.  Flags and signs on homeowner lots are not allowed within public view in Forest Creek except those specifically exempted or allowed by State or City codes and only within the size and time limits in those codes. The HOA will be enforcing the flag and sign limitations.  These are clearly spelled out in the ARC Standards as are many other things that impact the look of the homes and the neighborhood. (Available on the HOA website www.forestcreekhoa.org   under ARC)

As always, our goal is to be both compliant with state and city rules and to protect the appeal of our neighborhood and the property value of every homeowner.

Thank you for helping us do what’s right.

Any violation fines for flags and signs levied since September 1, 2021 will be waived if the violation has been remedied by October 1, 2021. Thank you.