Storm Clean Up Information & Resources

FCHOA Webmaster

Feb 3, 2023, 2:25:54 PM2/3/23
to forestc...@googlegroups.com
As we clean up from the ice storm, the HOA board wanted to provide the Forest Creek community with information around debris clean up and removal options as well as updates on the clean up of our common spaces.

Private Residences

  • Residents are responsible for the cutting up of fallen trees and limbs. Not everyone has the equipment to do this but if you do we encourage you to please reach out to your neighbors who may need you to assist them during this process.
  • The City of Round Rock has been receiving requests from residents for assistance in the cutting and removal of debris. Due to their limited and already stretched resources they are asking for only those with physical limitations (e.g. elderly, disabled, recent surgery or illness, etc.) to ask for help. If you fall into this category please reach out to the city’s Neighborhood Services division at 512-671-2734 or email at neighb...@roundrocktexas.gov
  • Additionally, the city is looking for volunteers to help aid those in need of assistance with tree and limb removal. If you are interested in volunteering your services please email neighb...@roundrocktexas.gov and provide the following information:
    • Name
    • Email / Telephone number
    • Days and times they are available
    • Any special skills or tools like a chainsaw
    • Number of volunteers in their group/family

  • The city of Round Rock is offering free removal of debris for at least the next 30 days. Smaller bundles can be left out and picked up with regular trash collection while larger, unbundled pieces (but under 10’ in length) can be left on the curb outside of your home and picked up after requesting a pick up from the city at 512-218-5540 or through the Online Service Request Form here. Additionally, please go to the link provided for further information around the city's debris pick up options: https://www.roundrocktexas.gov/news/city-of-round-rock-opens-resources-for-residents-to-dispose-of-tree-limbs/
  • Debris violations by our management company will not be cited for 30 days.
  • If you have any additional questions on the above information and links, or anything else, please continue to utilize the Question or Comment option on the Forest Creek HOA portal here. The board will work to respond to all messages and address the issue to the fullest extent we are able.

Forest Creek Common Spaces

There has been significant damage to the landscaping along Forest Creek Drive, Harvey Penick Drive and especially at the park. The HOA board is in contact and negotiations with tree servicing companies and are working to retain their services as quickly as possible for both the clean up and removal of the debris. Once that process is completed the board will begin to estimate the second order impacts of the storm (e.g. tennis courts, playground, loss of trees, etc.) and plan for their ultimate updates and improvements. Because of the current condition in and around the park, we encourage residents to avoid the park area until the debris removal is complete which could take over a week once it begins.