Re: [forecastfox-users] Forecastfox (fix version) Problem

Ellen Sleeter

Jun 4, 2021, 3:21:36 PM6/4/21
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Windows 10, Chrome latest

My FCF clock seems to be stuck on YESTERDAY, June 3.

Therefore, today = June 3
Tomorrow = June 4
Then I have Sat, Sun, Mon, etc.

I've reset the FCF defaults, reloaded chrome, reloaded weather data within FCF ... and the calendar is still fubar.  The OS clock and time are fine...  The date on the radar is correct.

Ideas??

[Perhaps it's the very very black sky coming my way.  Or, the unexplained night sky phenomena observed by the military...?]
--
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ellen Sleeter

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 4:42 PM Susan Creger <str...@earthlink.net> wrote:
For the last few days, I cannot get weather information on my extension. When I open it up There is a message that says,  There was a problem connecting to the Weather Service. I have no issues with my internet connection. This works fine on my laptop with windows10. On my desktop, running windows7 I have been using this with no problems untill a few days ago. Can you please tell me how to resolve this?  Thank You

jmrhide...@yahoo.com

Jun 5, 2021, 5:20:18 AM6/5/21
to forecastfox-users
I noticed the same problem yesterday, and today it continues to show that it's Thursday the third instead of Saturday the fifth. Reloading weather data didn't help, nor did it help when I restored default settings. My system clock and calendar are correct.

jmrhide...@yahoo.com

Jun 5, 2021, 6:50:18 AM6/5/21
to forecastfox-users
My wife has the same problem on her WinX desktop as I found on mine.

Ellen Sleeter

Jun 5, 2021, 10:41:19 AM6/5/21
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the confirmation!  Today, June 5, on both my Windows 10 devices, Chrome, FCF still thinks it's June 3.

And I see that the high temp for today is way low, predicted to be 86, but Accuweather actually predicts 93... 😱

There is no error message about connecting to the service....

--
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ellen Sleeter
Alden Park Manor, Philadelphia

MajkOne

Jun 5, 2021, 6:21:40 PM6/5/21
to forecastfox-users
I have the same problems. Radar date fine, the rest is stuck on June 3rd.

jmrhide...@yahoo.com

Jun 6, 2021, 5:46:25 AM6/6/21
to forecastfox-users
This morning the problem remains: Thursday's forecast for Sunday's weather. Where I live, that's useless.

Clinton Meyerushkev

Jun 6, 2021, 10:44:41 AM6/6/21
to forecastfox-users
Actually, this problem is not good anyplace and it's a problem every place. Not just where you live.

The problem is annoying. Am encouraged that it's a common problem, meaning it *should* get the developers attention... hopefully!
Extended forecast is stuck on Thursday, June 3rd.
Current conditions is up to the minute and so is radar.
But extended forcasts, both the text dropdown and the more graphical 5-day forecast is stuck on Thursday, June 3rd, as stated.

Thank you Mr/Ms Developer for noticing!

David dude

Jun 6, 2021, 3:11:19 PM6/6/21
to forecastfox-users
Same here stuck on 6/3. reset and reinstalled no effect

Oleksandr Popov

Jun 6, 2021, 4:02:32 PM6/6/21
to forecastfox-users
this is problem on Accuweather server - date is freezen...
example for Budapest:
http://forecastfox3.accuweather.com/adcbin/forecastfox3/forecast-data.asp?location=cityId%3A187423&metric=0&langId=1&gzi=1623006897035

<day number="3">
<url>http://spotlight.accuweather.com/dyndoc/goto/spotlight/adc_qxa3513/forecastfox.gif|www.accuweather.com/en-us/HU/BU/Budapest/Details3.aspx?partner=forecastfox&cityId=187423</url>
<obsDate>6/4/2021</obsDate>
<dayName>Friday</dayName>
<dayCode>6</dayCode>
<sunrise>04:47</sunrise>
<sunset>20:39</sunset>

But I found a temporary workaround
Please check forecast now :)

воскресенье, 6 июня 2021 г. в 22:11:19 UTC+3, daved...@gmail.com:

Clinton Meyerushkev

Jun 6, 2021, 4:17:52 PM6/6/21
to forecastfox-users
I appreciate your work on this. Your help is good.

I need to make donation for your effort.
Thank you.

Oleksandr Popov

Jun 6, 2021, 4:38:00 PM6/6/21
to forecastfox-users
> I need to make donation for your effort.
Thank you from me and my family :)

воскресенье, 6 июня 2021 г. в 23:17:52 UTC+3, clinton...@gmail.com:

jmrhide...@yahoo.com

Jun 6, 2021, 6:37:02 PM6/6/21