Vivaldi

Michel Gaudette

Feb 27, 2024, 3:27:06 PMFeb 27
to forecastfox-users
Any workaround for this browser? Thanks

Coot Master

Feb 27, 2024, 3:29:30 PMFeb 27
to forecastfox-users
work arrround for what?

Michel Gaudette

Feb 27, 2024, 3:38:13 PMFeb 27
to forecastfox-users
to install forecast fox on vivaldi

Allison adz

Feb 28, 2024, 12:49:29 PMFeb 28
to forecastfox-users
Vivaldi supports Google Chrome extensions, generally, yes? And the problem right now is that the extension has been delisted from the chrome web store? I have found some archives of the extension. When I get home I'll check that they work and don't have viruses added to them, and I'll share my work with the class :)

Allison adz

Feb 28, 2024, 2:16:47 PMFeb 28
to forecastfox-users
I found an archive of the Chrome extension on this page (be mindful of the ads) https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/32353/

(Note, Firefox complained when I attempted to download it and claimed there was a virus, however, I converted the CRX file to ZIP using the CRX Extractor/Downloader extension from the Chrome web store, and when I compared the contents of the extracted folders, they matched almost exactly the contents of the extracted folders from the Firefox extension I had installed already.  The only differences are the unique files that are required to submit to the Firefox add-on website vs. the Chrome Web Store, which are mostly text files and not executables. https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/crx-extractordownloader/ajkhmmldknmfjnmeedkbkkojgobmljda )

In Vivaldi, click 'Developer Mode' when viewing the extensions, then you can select the downloaded CRX file.

While I believe the file I downloaded today from crx4chrome is safe, that is not necessarily guaranteed in the future, so once ForecastFox is relisted in the Chrome Web Store, I would advise exporting your settings and reinstalling from there.