Cannot Connect to Weather Service

jmrhide...@yahoo.com

Apr 20, 2023, 8:49:01 AM4/20/23
to forecastfox-users
For the past couple of days, using four different Windows 10 computers with Firefox 112.0.1, we have had no forecastfox function. The little red-rimmed "X" says "There was a problem connecting to the weather service."

Anything we can do?

SeventySevenTabs

Apr 20, 2023, 8:50:56 AM4/20/23
to forecastfox-users
Same here. Interestingly the radar works but the forecast itself hasn't updated in over 36 hours.

Ellen Sleeter

Apr 20, 2023, 8:51:46 AM4/20/23
to jmrhide...@yahoo.com, forecastfox-users
THANK YOU for reporting.  I'd forgotten the name of the google group...

Ditto, here in Philly EDT.  Not for days...

--
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ellen Sleeter

On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 8:49 AM 'jmrhide...@yahoo.com' via forecastfox-users <forecast...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
For the past couple of days, using four different Windows 10 computers with Firefox 112.0.1, we have had no forecastfox function. The little red-rimmed "X" says "There was a problem connecting to the weather service."

Anything we can do?

Zach Kucera

Apr 20, 2023, 9:12:22 AM4/20/23
to forecastfox-users
Add me to the list of  people who have no connectivity to the weather app.  I have done everything and still no connection.  I hope this is rectified soon.

Stephen Meechan

Apr 20, 2023, 9:46:51 AM4/20/23
to forecastfox-users
Same here.  Thinks it's Tuesday instead of Thursday.  Have tried everything I can think of to fix, but no joy.

T F

Apr 20, 2023, 9:57:36 AM4/20/23
to forecastfox-users
+1

There's an update on the forum post.

David Balascak

Apr 20, 2023, 2:07:31 PM4/20/23
to forecastfox-users
not working here. But the older version previous is working but showing connected?

Just Me

Apr 20, 2023, 6:34:17 PM4/20/23
to forecastfox-users
Same here! Still displaying April 18 as current data on April 20. Getting the same error message when trying to update.

JohnF

Apr 22, 2023, 2:52:33 AM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
I was able to get an older chrome version (4.22)  CRX file which I was able to install in Chrome (not Brave, which won't let me install a CRX extension manually). That DOES work,  but the problem is that Chrome will auto update the extension automatically at some point. If someone can figure out what's changed, there may be a work around. Here's the link to it:  https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/159440/  (Chrome may try to block the download, you may have to enable it under settings).

ARMOUR PC

Apr 22, 2023, 5:00:38 AM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
Untitled.jpg
HI
FEW day can not update date weather

Coot Master

Apr 22, 2023, 10:29:03 AM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users

HI EVERYONE  HERE AN ANSWER  FROM DEVELOPER  :   oken ty everyone for verifying ****EVERYONE I HAVE EMAILED THE DEVELOPER -FROM DEVELOPER :Hi! The problem is on accuweather.com server, I hope this is temporary http://forecastfox3.accuweather.com/adcbin/forecastfox3/current-conditions.asp?location=cityId%3A274087&metric=0&langId=1&hws=1681899311092 Service Unavailable

Sunny Skyez

Apr 22, 2023, 11:03:24 AM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
Hello, Im having the same problem but on my MacBook Pro- High Sierra- using Fire Fox v112.0.1. Anyone have any ideas as to when this will be fixed?

Bryan Price

Apr 22, 2023, 12:28:42 PM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 10:29 AM Coot Master <cootm...@gmail.com> wrote:

HI EVERYONE  HERE AN ANSWER  FROM DEVELOPER  :   oken ty everyone for verifying ****EVERYONE I HAVE EMAILED THE DEVELOPER -FROM DEVELOPER :Hi! The problem is on accuweather.com server, I hope this is temporary

http://forecastfox3.accuweather.com/adcbin/forecastfox3/current-conditions.asp?location=cityId%3A274087&metric=0&langId=1&hws=1681899311092 Service Unavailable

Interestingly, that link works for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I got a valid json response back. So yeah, I'm gonna dunno about anything at this point.

us

Apr 22, 2023, 12:31:51 PM4/22/23
to Bryan Price, forecastfox-users
i dont know what to do with this link . when it opens it an xml file... weather fox still not working

Coot Master

Apr 22, 2023, 1:28:21 PM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users

FROM DEVELOPER :"current condition already it is normal

I already work for fix forecast...

 "

i just looked mine it looks normal again

Coot Master

Apr 22, 2023, 3:09:30 PM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users

Update  developer"  I had to make several workarounds, and it seems that it brought a positive result :)

PS: Can you ask people to put 5 stars on the expansion page?

Many impatient people do put very many 1 star: (((("

Oleksandr Popov

Apr 22, 2023, 3:22:27 PM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
Hi all!
I'm developer.
Sorry for being silent for a long time, unfortunately in my country there is a war and it is not always possible to use the Internet.

Seems now it work well..

I had to make several workarounds, and it seems that it brought a positive result :)
image001.png

PS: Can I ask you to put 5 stars on the extension page?
Many impatient people do put very many 1 star: ((((

суббота, 22 апреля 2023 г. в 22:09:30 UTC+3, Coot Master:

Dave Bateman

Apr 22, 2023, 4:11:45 PM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
Still not working in the UK. Last update for weather was on 19th April 2023.

Still seeing a red banner message with " There was a problem connecting to the weather service".

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling addon, and that hasn't fixed the issue.

Shadow

Apr 22, 2023, 4:48:10 PM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
It's working.  Like all of you I was out for a few days.  This morning it returned.  Eithert they have the problem resolved or they are working on it piece by piece.

Take heart, it's coming.

Corsair

Apr 22, 2023, 4:59:46 PM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
Yesterday I found the "Weather" add-on via the Mozilla forums for this add-on. That seems to be a clone of this one with the changes referenced in that forum. It had some of the location limitations mentioned here - some work, some don't - but I was able to find one that was good enough. When I went to add it to another PC today, I noticed that this one was working again. Same limitations with location, but was able to update it to a working one. Very soon thereafter, both apps seem to have stopped working for adding new locations. That would lead me to believe that the issue is on the AccuWeather side, though it could be a different, common issue to both add-ons.

Oleksandr, thanks for taking the time to update, and hope you are well. If you are able, I suggest you add a note to the AMO page letting folks know your location and that updates may be delayed. Most folks will be understanding considering the circumstances.

Corsair

Apr 22, 2023, 5:13:24 PM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
As seems to so often happen, as soon as I post a bug, I go back to trying to fix it and find something. The location search seems to be broken by the Firefox HTTPS-only setting. If Enable HTTPS-only in all windows is set, it won't work, but if HTTPS-only is turned off, it works. Updating weather data seems to work with the setting on, you just have to turn it off to add new locations.

Dave Bateman

Apr 22, 2023, 5:27:17 PM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
I don't have Firefox's HTTPS-only option enabled and still the addon won't work. Can't get weather data or add any locations.

Matt Lewicki

Apr 22, 2023, 8:42:50 PM4/22/23
to forecastfox-users
Back up and running fine, thanks to the Dev. Sent a donation and gave 5 star rating, never realized how much I use the app.

Oleksandr Popov

Apr 24, 2023, 8:19:58 AM4/24/23
to forecastfox-users
Now the weather forecast should work without problems.
Please try and check it

воскресенье, 23 апреля 2023 г. в 03:42:50 UTC+3, Matt Lewicki:

MasterThief Esq

Apr 24, 2023, 2:44:50 PM4/24/23
to forecastfox-users
Now working fine for me on both Firefox and Chrome!  Thank you, Oleksandr!

Gary “garyoa1” Onuschak

Feb 14, 2024, 1:56:52 PMFeb 14
to forecastfox-users
Cannot connect to weather service for 2 days now.

Gary “garyoa1” Onuschak

Feb 14, 2024, 7:34:33 PMFeb 14
to forecastfox-users
Still dead here. :(

garyoa1

Feb 23, 2024, 11:43:08 AMFeb 23
to forecastfox-users
Finally started working again today.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "forecastfox-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/forecastfox-users/cfa20df6-3464-42f8-8d0e-48556d668556n%40googlegroups.com.

Stephanie Foldy

Mar 2, 2024, 5:17:11 PMMar 2
to forecastfox-users
I am setting up a new computer and while I am aware from these posts that this app is no longer in the Chrome Webstore, I just realized that as a result, the extension does not sync after signing into Chrome on the new computer.  I have done some research and I as able to find this article (https://www.alphr.com/export-chrome-extensions/) that explains how to export extensions from Chrome (in my case, on the old computer) and then import them with the CRX file in place (on my new computer).  I was able to get Forecastfox added to Chrome on my new computer.  Make sure that you are selecting the VERSION number folder (at the time of writing for me, 4.26), and not just the encrypted folder name.  I made this mistake and had to try several times until I figured it out.