CRM Tool

Chad

Sep 10, 2008, 5:37:01 PM9/10/08
to FordBDC
Anyone completely satisfied with their CRM tool? We switched from LSI
to Dealersocket around a year ago and the transition was less than
smooth.

Joe Ingram

Sep 11, 2008, 6:59:03 PM9/11/08
to csla...@southwestford.com, FordBDC
I myself love the imagiclab.com Dealer CRM. It handles internet leads
better than anything I have seen before. I like dealersocket - but bit
to engineer-like for most salespeople. 5square was by far the easiest
to use, but my current store is using UCS, and its not the cats meow -
server based, no web application, so no remote access....ahhhh

The icarmagic which is what imagiclab.com calls their dealership tool,
has blackberry access, text alerts, web access, customized action plans,
electronic brochures, automated follow up, and a killer inventory
module.

I feel your pain, I have been in charge of implementing new CRM's in 3
different stores now - and I am currently doing it again here at the
ford store in Norco.

Wooohooo! It's a necessary evil.

Joe

Billy Lourie

Sep 11, 2008, 8:56:00 PM9/11/08
to joei...@hemborgford.com, csla...@southwestford.com, FordBDC
I am just starting up with ADP CRM. A lot to learn, but you can easily do
all your campaigns, follow up and Ileads in one source for all depts.. It
does take a huge learning curve though. Much better than the Jazel I am
migrating from

Neal

Sep 22, 2008, 12:11:36 PM9/22/08
to FordBDC
I wait minutes for an email to post on Sales Point. I wait some times
20 minutes for my in process to come up. I have to reset my computer
several times a day to get Sales point to function. Is any one else
having similar problems? Does any one know what to do to speed Sales
Point up? I have been in and around the Internet business for years; I
have owned Internet companies and written software. I have no concept
what is going on here. Our in-house techs can't seem to figure it out.
Has any one been able to find solutions where we can work on answering
leads and managing instead of waiting?
Desperate in Jacksonville
Neal

Marisa Kuhn

Sep 24, 2008, 10:41:29 AM9/24/08
to neal...@msn.com, FordBDC
I am having the same problem with salespoint.  It took me 2 hours to answer 10 leads the other day!  I am glad to hear that it isn't just me, but seriously, what can we do to fix this??

Charles Henderson

Sep 24, 2008, 12:10:51 PM9/24/08
to maris...@gmail.com, neal...@msn.com, 'cslay...@southwestford.com', FordBDC

I am not very familiar with Sales Point but the issue you are mentioning sound like a network or server retrieval issue.  Has Sales Point done any troubleshooting with your IT/Network Administrators to identify where the speed issues lie?  As for the transition issues with Dealer Socket, I am curious what specifically has been less than smooth.

We are using Dealer Socket in all but a view of our stores.  Hands down, Dealer Socket has been one of the best tools for a well thought out CRM Process.  That said, we have looked at just about all of the major CRM tools and found that if you approach your “solution seeking” from a process point of view that the tool should be secondary consideration to achieving the desired results.  In other words, the tool shouldn’t drive your process.  Once you have designed and mapped out your “this how we do business” or “this is how we want to manage our customer relationship” processes, you then look for a tool that helps you to effectively measure the effectiveness of your delivery as well as the results.   With that understanding, have you dialed in and/or gained commitment on your CRM processes?  Are you monitoring measuring the results of your execution?  If so, then you should be able to put your finger on whether it is truly a “people, process or tool” issue.

Lastly, aside from an auto-responder, we have devised a process to alert as well as allow us to respond to a customer via Blackberry’s within seconds/minutes of receipt.  In fact we have canned and customizable templates for quick responses to just about all customer inquiries.  Again, this is done in a matter of seconds or minutes depending how quickly the human element can jump on it.  In any case, I don’t know if this helps but it should give you a few things to consider if you haven’t already done so.

 Regards,

Charles G. Henderson

CRM Director

Ken Garff Automotive Group

801-257-3498 - Office

801-440-6241 - Cell

801-428-1993 - Fax

char...@kengarff.com - Email

WWW.KenGarff.com - Website

“Maximize Sales and Service Opportunities, while Developing and Maintaining Customer Loyalty”

IMPORTANT:  The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the named addressee(s).  If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this e-mail message to the intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please reply to the sender that you have received this e-mail message in error and then delete it.

Thank you

I am having the same problem with salespoint.  It took me 2 hours to answer 10 leads the other day!  I am glad to hear that it isn't just me, but seriously, what can we do to fix this??

Lance Peterson

Sep 24, 2008, 1:02:45 PM9/24/08
to char...@kengarff.com, maris...@gmail.com, neal...@msn.com, "'cslay...@sout...@domain.invalid, FordBDC

Charles Could you help with the process of responding through Blackberry?  Do you login to respond? How is it set up? As for the Speed….. It does have to go to Fords server and then to your customers and there is some lag time.  Work with the Salespoint help desk. Call 1-866-762-3673 option 2

Lance Peterson

General Sales Manager

Jim Babbitt Ford Lincoln Mercury

928-699-5169

Rene

Oct 30, 2008, 6:26:23 PM10/30/08
to FordBDC
I am thinking of switching to Dealersocket as well. I currently use
Salespoint and it is so ridiculous.
I have been requesting since July that the Border feature be fixed.
I.
The mail is slow to say the least all of the loading time is just
wasted time for me.
I did an interview with Dealersocket and some of the small issues I
have like Title Casing the name and having good functionality in
building templates uploading customers, follow up task is a pop up
displayed after you complete a task, unlike in eLead where you have
to set your next task up before you send your current email or it
automatically sets up a call for the next day. .. okay except that is
not in a convenient place to set it up. it is lost in the current
screen.

I used to use eLead which was sold to us as the best thing since
sliced bread. NOT. The web site is completely separate from the
desking side. I had so many emails go out and the body of the email
was blank! Nothing. Always a problem at elead. EVERYDAY They
cannot deliver what they sell. OMG IF YOU HAVE A CUSOTMER WITH THE
SAME NAME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUBMER WALK IN, THE SYSTEM DOES NOT FLAG
IT AS A DUPLICATE.... I LOST CREDIT ON SO MANY SALES... terrible
source tracking.. they even completely lost one of my customers...

I am very interesed in more opinions of Dealersocket. Getting my
dealer to switch and go through the whole ordeal again will be like
climing Mt. Everest in a bikini, but I am so desperate to get AWAY
from Salespoint. The fact that I have to shut down and start up again
almost every session is crazy. Why cant FORD get anything right when
it comes to support for the dealers.... Dealerconnection is a joke.
Salespoint is a pain in the a$$ets!

Kistler

Oct 31, 2008, 12:37:51 PM10/31/08
to FordBDC
Hello -
Word of advice, don't try to fix Salespoint. You can't. Believe me,
it is what it is and it is NOT YOU. Although the help desk and reps
will say you are the only one with these problems. They will say it
is Windows Vista or test your internet connection, I am sure you have
heard it all too. Seriously, put your efforts toward finding another
system. OR if you can't switch or in the meantime, I have 2 computers
on my desk, both logged into Salespoint. When one freezes or has to
restart or stalls (etc.) I go to the other one. Most of the time I
can function. But I too need to look into another system. It is
difficult to work with salespoint (and you have to use it when it
works!) - and try to find another system at the same time.

Good Luck,
Michelle
> > > smooth.- Hide quoted text -

Andy

Nov 25, 2008, 12:44:04 PM11/25/08
to FordBDC
Unfortunately I'm a day late and short period. Here's the long and
short of Salespoint. Salespoint was originally designed by Microsoft
to be the lead management tool for there "still" up and coming
Automotive DMS. It wasn't very stable and had problems. After
supposedly fixing most of the problems Microsoft signed with Ford to
use and further test the product. Ford Execs associated with
FordDirect your overlord of Ford IT business believed that Salespoint
was the greatest thing since sliced bread. When the agreement came due
Microsoft sold off the program to Ford as they were already working on
a replacement for the new DMS system. Microsoft never sells off
anything that works well.

Now you know how it came to be. Why you have it is one, because you
need something and two, because it is part of your dealer suite and if
you remove any part of the suite your price on the remaining two
pieces goes up equaling the price of the suite with all three. For the
price it is a relatively good tool. Not saying much, but it is cheap
and in the end cost vs other tools, your dealer principal will
probably stay where they are. Especially if your digital marketing
trainer has anything to do with it. After all thats his job.

As for the problems. The problems have existed since inception. I used
Salespoint from day one and the problems are the same today as they
were then. Too slow. Not enough capability and It truly only loads
Ford related leads. It doe's accept outside sources but rarely reports
them correctly. After several years of making dns changes, having IT
personel change or update our IT servers, load rates and multitudes of
other changes, NO difference. When you call suport you get many many
ways to update, do updates and/or fix your problems. In the end you
will find that it will end up being you learning how to deal with it
and work around it to accomplish what you want.

Everybody's CRM tool is better than everyone else's. I use Reynolds
Contact Management. It's 10 times the tool that Salespoint is but it
also is 10 times as hard to learn, understand and manipulate. Most web
site companies include a crm tool with there sites. If you are using
an outside source to run your site as well as dealerconnection check
with them. Other than that, Good Luck and keep pluggin.

Andy