What to do with a donated Think Bike with no battery

Sheldon Mains

May 18, 2013, 3:56:35 PM5/18/13
to ford-th...@googlegroups.com
I work at a nonprofit community bike center. A local resident just donated a Think Bike (not folding model) with no battery.  Any suggestions on what we should do with it?  Sell it on Ebay as is (for what price?)? Part it out and sell parts? Find/buy a battery and see if it works (that seems like an expensive gable)?

thanks
sheldon
SPOKES

David Bailey

May 19, 2013, 11:26:02 AM5/19/13
to ford-th...@googlegroups.com
  Hello,  the bike can be repaired battery's are  around $ 60.00 each  but you must have the special charger that came with the bike where are you located ?.........David

Cliff Gibson

May 19, 2013, 3:09:04 PM5/19/13
to ford-th...@googlegroups.com
Do you have the case for the battery?  Do you have the charger?  If you don't have these items sell as is on Ebay or Craigslist.  I have two Think bikes like yours I bought that have issues.  Forget getting parts at a reasonable price.  Giant Bikes has similar bikes.  You can by replacement batteries and charger.  I am just retrofitting Ezip batteries for mine.

Sheldon Mains

May 22, 2013, 1:50:43 PM5/22/13
to ford-th...@googlegroups.com
no charger.

Cliff Gibson

May 26, 2013, 5:29:20 PM5/26/13
to ford-th...@googlegroups.com
I live in Upstate New York.  Do you have access to chargers.  I have 2 Think Bikes

J Paul Krystyniak

Apr 7, 2016, 6:01:17 PM4/7/16
to Ford Think Bike
How did this turn out? I volunteer with a youth bike program in Detroit and we're in the exact same situation. We have two donated bikes and don't really know what to do with them.

Jeff Chiero

Apr 19, 2018, 1:57:38 PM4/19/18
to Ford Think Bike
Do you still have the Think Bike?

Jeff Chiero

Apr 19, 2018, 1:58:44 PM4/19/18
to Ford Think Bike
Do you still have the Think bikes?

Ed Rychcik

Apr 20, 2018, 6:45:02 AM4/20/18
to ford-th...@googlegroups.com
I have 2 think bikes, a blue one and a red one.  both work fine, except I only have one battery case... am looking to purchase a case.  I have 2 chargers, and would be willing to exchange a charger for a battery case..I can be reached at 313-999-6201... I live in Michigan and purchased the blue one new, in about 2002 and the red one off a friend of mine a year ago.... He mistakenly tossed away the battery case...

I've gone thru several batteries thru the years........

These are great riding bikes.... in addition to these 2 bikes, I have a Vee Go and a Ride Scoozy bikes.  The Vee Go is kind of an off the road bike with 4 inch tires... the Ride Scoozy is more like a racing bike....
Ed