pre print for research proposals

Alexander Garcia Castro

May 1, 2017, 1:57:13 PM5/1/17
to Matt Spitzer, for...@googlegroups.com, Neil Chue Hong (SSI), Todd Vision

Dear all, please send me a private email letting me know who would like to be part of the steering committee for this pre print server.

There are already quite a few very interesting suggestions:

-embargo period
-not just research proposals but also novel ideas, like embryos of proposals, project reports, funded and unfunded research proposals.
- Privacy issues wrt medical research projects.

I will review all the emails and get more suggestions that we should consider in the implementation of the pre print server.

The idea is simple, I would like to submit this week. we need a steering committee.  https://cos.io/our-products/osf-preprints/, they take care of everything, servers, hosting, software, etc it is all on them. I am ccing in this email to Matt from the Center for Open Science. As soon as we have the steering  committee I will submit, we dont need much for the submission so no worries on that front. Discussions about policy, guidelines etc will be held over the WG at the FORCE11 website (details on this will be announced this week).

So, please let me know who would like to be  part of the steering committee, this wont involve a lot of effort, I will put most of the needed effort for the first 6 months -at least.