Installation on Mac without xamp load

pey...@appirio.com

Aug 21, 2012, 12:23:40 PM8/21/12
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
Hi - just wanted to mention that the installation on Mac (Leopard, haven't installed Lion yet) with pre-built Apache & php was a breeze, following instructions from http://unwiredthinking.com/?p=199 , I'd suggest to update the main page on developer.force.com.

Ryan Brainard

Aug 22, 2012, 12:17:53 AM8/22/12
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com, pey...@appirio.com
I agree the built-in PHP in OS X can be quite nice, but older versions don't have all the needed libraries and the newer version is disabled by default (of course, it can be re-enabled as per the article), so MAMP is a little easier as a general solution. With that said, feel free to add a note to the installation instructions on the wiki.