Login to Workbench failing

Sarah Gallagher

Nov 7, 2013, 10:59:06 AM11/7/13
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
I have been working with Workbench and database.com for the past couple of days with no problems - then suddenly yesterday I started getting the following error when I tried to login - UNKNOWN ERROR: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService

I have attached image.  I have tried googling to find a solution but without any luck.  I would be grateful if anyone could help - thanks
Sarah
error.JPG

Ryan Brainard

Nov 7, 2013, 12:11:18 PM11/7/13
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
Which Salesforce instance are you on? If you're not sure, use this tool:

Sarah Gallagher

Nov 7, 2013, 12:35:40 PM11/7/13
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com, ry...@ryanbrainard.com
I'm on this one:

Sarah

Ryan Brainard

Nov 7, 2013, 1:01:49 PM11/7/13
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Sorry, I should have asked these before, but a couple more questions:
 - Are you using the public Workbench at workbench.developerforce.com or your own private install
   - If you are using the public Workbench, are you choose "Production" from the login dropdown?
   - If you are using a private Workbench installation, what login method are you using and what is your instance url?

Sarah Gallagher

Nov 7, 2013, 1:06:06 PM11/7/13
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com, ry...@ryanbrainard.com
I'm using the public orkbench at workbench.developerforce.com.  I am choosing production from the drop down.

I did install it on Heroku today in an attempt to resolve the issue, but got the same error when I tried to login.........

Ryan Brainard

Nov 7, 2013, 2:17:22 PM11/7/13
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I just tested out the production Workbench with an org on EU2 without any problems. I have also checked the logs and it looks like other EU2 users are able to login, so doesn't seem like an instance-wide issue. To help troubleshoot this, try going to https://curlforce.herokuapp.com (an app that uses OAuth similar to Workbench) and let me know what comes back as the "SFDC_INSTANCE_URL." Please do not copy and paste here all the output since it includes your session id. If you're curious what this app is doing, here's the repo: https://github.com/ryanbrainard/curlforce

Sarah Gallagher

Nov 7, 2013, 2:35:49 PM11/7/13
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
export SFDC_INSTANCE_URL='https://eu2.salesforce.com'

curl -H 'X-PrettyPrint: 1' -H "Authorization: Bearer $SFDC_ACCESS_TOKEN" $SFDC_INSTANCE_URL/services/data

Sarah