Mobile SDK Workbook

mikeflores2000

Apr 7, 2012, 10:28:54 PM4/7/12
to Workbench News & Discussion

In Tutorial #1: Setting Up the Schema Step 2
I cannot Choose File the downloaded ZIP file
in sub step 5.
https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-Samples/raw/master/CloudTunes-metadata/CloudTunes-force.zip

I am running a Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50b)

Ryan Brainard

Apr 29, 2012, 3:56:16 PM4/29/12
to Workbench News & Discussion
Did you download the file first to your local computer and then try
uploading it to Workbench? Workbench cannot point directly to a remote
file location -- although that would be an interesting feature, if
there was a big enough use case.

On Apr 7, 7:28 pm, mikeflores2000 <mikeflores2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In Tutorial #1: Setting Up the Schema Step 2
> I cannot Choose File the downloaded ZIP file
> in sub step 5.https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-Samples/raw/master...

dragon...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2012, 10:06:22 PM7/17/12
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
I may be having the same issue. When I download from the link in the tutorial, it becomes a decompressed file on the Mac. I re-compressed it, and was able to choose the file, but Workbench reports that it cannot find package.xml. Package.xml is definitely there, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

mikeflo...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2012, 4:11:53 AM9/23/12
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com, dragon...@gmail.com, Mike Flores
@dragon

This is a solution to a problem that you may or may not be experiencing:
"On Windows, use Chrome or Firefox.
IE doesn't support cross-domain class and thus the login on the home page doesn't work."
In other words on your Mac, don't use Safari and test against browsers Chrome or Firefox.

Good Luck,

mikeflores2000