Workbench 25.0.0 Beta

Ryan Brainard

Aug 5, 2012, 4:18:54 AM8/5/12
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
It's a bit late, but Workbench 25.0.0 Beta is finally here! The main change is support for Force.com API 25.0 with new Partner, Apex, Bulk, REST, and Streaming clients. In addition, thanks to hosting workbench.developerforce.com now on Heroku with its amazing app monitoring, a few obscure bugs were also detected and fixed in this release. This also includes all the changes from 24.0.1 Beta, which never left beta. Below if this the full changelist:
  • 25.0.0 Beta
    • Upgraded Partner, Apex, Bulk, REST, and Streaming clients to Force.com API 25.0
    • Added new Salesforce instances to instance picklist
    • Bug Fix: Allow more than one error per row to displayed on DML operation failures (e.g two triggered validation rules)
    • Bug Fix: Scrub additional headers of REST Explorer to be compatible with CURL versions that do not already do this
    • Bug Fix: Block invalid CSV files if all rows do not have same number of columns
    • Bug Fix: Handle DML operations for sobjects with unknown key prefixes
  • 24.0.1 Beta
    •  Support for saving session data to Redis to allow for multiple, horizontally scalable, stateless app servers
    • Encapulation of configuration into a single point of access
    • Removal of Workbench configuration from PHP session
    • Option to auto-forward unsecure requests to HTTPS endpoint
    • Support for remote term files
    • Changed static resource versioning to query parameters instead of file paths to simplify build process
    • Changed logging to JSON format for machine readability
    • Support for multiple log handlers with syslog and file-based handlers
    • Complete support for HTTP_X_FORWARD_* headers
    • Add BAYEUX_BROWSER cookie support to Streaming API client

Ryan Brainard

Aug 10, 2012, 2:18:59 PM8/10/12
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
Workbench 25.0.0 has shipped and is available for download at https://code.google.com/p/forceworkbench/downloads/list

d...@outformations.com

Dec 18, 2012, 2:24:39 PM12/18/12
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
As a certified trainer for Salesforce, we use the Workbench for an exercise with students in the T&C DEV502 Integrations class, and as of late have been hitting an error:

We can't get the subscription to take hold, and we continue to get the same error. We've also IE, Firefox and Chrome, all with Cookies turned on - we get the failure 'no BAYEUX_BROWSER cookie present.'

According to Workbench version info, it should now be working past v25 and SFDC current version of Workbench is 25.0.7 that we use for our exercise.

Here is where the error shows:

Poll Completed
{
"successful": false,
"xhr": {
"statusText": "Client 2z277uviuz3ppkjtem84w15xgp has established a session, but no BAYEUX_BROWSER cookie present",

Thanks

Ryan Brainard

Dec 18, 2012, 4:11:16 PM12/18/12
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com, d...@outformations.com
Thank you for reporting this issue. I investigated it and it turned out to be an issue with the Streaming API, but a workaround has been added to Workbench 25.0.8 and deployed to workbench.developerforce.com. If you still see this issue, please let me know. I'll be working with the Streaming API team to fix this in the API team as well. This fix will also be included in the next downloadable release (if any one needs it before then, please let me know).