Good-bye saved queries; Hello bookmarkable and sharable queries!

Ryan Brainard

Feb 21, 2014, 1:37:02 AM2/21/14
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
In Workbench 29.0.4 Beta, saved queries are a thing of the past. What could be better than saved queries? Bookmarkable and sharable queries! Now, every time you run a query, the URL automatically gets updated, so you can save the query as a bookmark or share the URL with a colleague to check out.

The URL contains only the data from the query builder form, so the query is still run each time someone accesses it and is always run in the logged-in user's org. Because of this, make sure the recipient has access to the objects and fields in your query.

Want an example? Here's a query of for active users in your org (yes, the URLs are quite long!):

If you weren't already logged into Workbench, did you notice it brought you right to the query after logging in? Yep, Workbench now also supports deep linking (for anything, not just queries!).

Enjoy!

P.S. This is still in beta, so please help me find and report any bugs.

Fett, Kai

Feb 21, 2014, 11:35:13 AM2/21/14
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

First of all: Great new feature, I love it!

As I do not know if the github issues list is the right place to document problems, here is also the small issue I found:

Hi,

query.php in line 346 returns '/query.php?qrjb=' and so on.

But in a local installation the workbench is not always installed in the root, for me it is in /workbench_29/query.php. So only the first request works and then I come to 404s.

Hotfix for me is "return '?qrjb=' ", but I do not know if this has other side effects.

Regards,

Kai

Regards,

   Kai

--

Dipl.-Wirt.inf. (FH) Kai Fett
Head of Group IT Consulting

Vaillant Group IT
Tel. +49 2191 18 2549
Ÿ Mobile +49 171 3172 300 Ÿ Fax +49 2191 18 72549
E-Mail: kai....@vaillant-group.com
Ÿ http://www.vaillant-group.com

Vaillant Group Business Services GmbH, Berghauser Str. 63, D-42859 Remscheid
Sitz: Remscheid
Ÿ Registergericht: Amtsgericht Wuppertal HRB 11591 Ÿ Geschäftsführer: Dr. Stefan Borchers, Cahit Gürdal Ergüven
Always think green before printing!

Ryan Brainard

Feb 21, 2014, 8:46:18 PM2/21/14
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com