Invalid Session

Bernadine Phenna

Jul 9, 2012, 5:23:16 AM7/9/12
to Workbench News & Discussion
Hello - I can connect using my Salesforce login but attempting
anything is kicking me out - I can see in the Metadata
"INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader:
Illegal Session".

Itching to write a few queries so if you could help me I would be most
appreciative.

Thank you

Ryan Brainard

Jul 10, 2012, 3:53:00 PM7/10/12
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reporting this. A couple questions:
  • Is your user a System Administrator?
  • After login, do you go to select.php?
  • When you say you are "attempting anything," can you be more specific? What are you clicking on after login that shows you the error?
  • You said that you see the error "in the Metadata." Where exactly are you seeing the error? Is it in the standard red error box or are you seeing it somewhere else?

Kenia, Ketan

Jul 10, 2012, 2:41:49 PM7/10/12
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
Please make sure you are using the correct Login Id for the Org you are connecting to. You might be connecting to Production and using Login credentials for Sandbox or vice versa.

Kenia, Ketan

Jul 12, 2012, 4:34:06 PM7/12/12
to Workbench News & Discussion
sforce.connection.sessionId = "{!$Api.Session_ID}

May 31, 2013, 12:34:25 PM5/31/13
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am very frequently having this same issue and it makes workbench unusable for me.  Yes, I am an admin.  I do get to the select.php page upon login.  After logging in I usually go to do a SOQL query.  Sometime I immediately get the error message and sometime I can click a few buttons before I get the error.  Sometimes I can even get to the point that I execute my query.  But inevitably I always get a message saying that my session is invalid or expired.  The error message even appears sometimes right on the select.php page after logging in.  So, it really is when I try to do anything and very random.

Ryan Brainard

May 31, 2013, 1:26:41 PM5/31/13
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com, sfid...@gmail.com
Hmm, have you noticed this with any other API tools (e.g. Data Loader)? This feels like an issue with Salesforce, but its hard to say for sure. Can you let me know what your Session Settings are for your org in Setup? I'm wondering if there is something there misconfigured. Also, is there anything else special about your org/user?

Stacey Chale

May 31, 2013, 1:32:04 PM5/31/13
to Ryan Brainard, forcewo...@googlegroups.com
I have not had this issue with any other tools.  Here are the session settings for my org.

Inline image 1
image.png

Ryan Brainard

May 31, 2013, 2:21:14 PM5/31/13
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Brainard, stacey...@gmail.com
Ah, I see what's happening! You have "Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated" enabled. Workbench is running on Heroku, which distributes load across a fleet of "dynos" all which could have their own IP addresses, so when you login you are on a given dyno, but your next request might be on another one, so you are being logged out. It's a bit intermittent because there are (currently) four web dynos, so you have a 1/4 chance on each request to be booted out. I tried turing this on on my org and was easily able to reproduce it. Try disabling this and see if it solves the problem for you.

Stacey Chale

May 31, 2013, 2:25:16 PM5/31/13
to brai...@heroku.com, forcewo...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Brainard
Yep, that did it!  And explains why it seemed totally random.  Thank you!!