Download on Unix Server lockfile-create: command not found

paulre...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2020, 8:25:30 AM12/8/20
to FORCE
Hey all,

I am having an error while downloading Landsat and Sentinel 2 data on Unix Server.

input:
(base) [@geo01 ~]$ force-level1-csd -c 0,100 -d 20190101,20190110 -s LC08,S2A FORCE/testdata/level1/metadata FORCE/testdata/level1 FORCE/testdata/queue FORCE/testdata/tiles

normal output:
Landsat and Sentinel-2 data requested.
Landsat data will be queried and downloaded first.

Querying the metadata catalogue for Landsat data
Sensor(s): LC08
Tier(s): T1
Tile(s): 168078,169077,168077,169076,168076,169075
Daterange: 20190101 to 20190110
Cloud cover minimum: 0%, maximum: 100%

3 Landsat Level 1 scenes matching criteria found
3.23GB data volume found.

Starting to download 3 Landsat Level 1 scenes

Downloading LC08_L1TP_169075_20190107_20190130_01_T1(1 of 3)...

than the error:
|                                                              /usr/local/bin/force-level1-csd: line 561: lockfile-create: command not found

After this error the next download doesn't start and i need to restart the command.

Is there any solution given somewhere for this problem?

Stefan

Dec 8, 2020, 9:38:31 AM12/8/20
to FORCE
FORCE uses lockfiles to ensure file integrity in many modules, including force-level1-csd.

It seems like your system does not support this feature (which is rather suprising). You can either try to install a package providing the functionality for the specific OS you're running or run FORCE within a docker environment.

Stefan

paulre...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2020, 10:24:54 AM12/8/20
to FORCE
Thank you for your help.
I think there is a restriction for me on our university server, so that I can't write those lock files there. Is there maybe a way to change the directory of this lockfile or something?
Sorry, I am totally new to this and trying to figure things out for our server environment.

Paul

Stefan

Dec 8, 2020, 10:54:41 AM12/8/20
to FORCE
The lockfile is created in the same location where the file is going to be stored. It prevents that the file is altered by other processes while it is locked. So if you don't have writing permissions to this folder, you won't be able to download - irrespective of whether lockfiles are used or not.
The problem here is that you OS does not know the lockfile-create command. Which operating system / distribution are you using?

Stefan

paulre...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2020, 5:29:37 AM12/9/20
to FORCE
The server is based on  CentOS. Okay thanks, so there is an installation missing?

thie...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2020, 6:34:21 AM12/9/20
to FORCE
Probably, lockfile-progs has to be installed.

david frantz

Dec 10, 2020, 2:59:15 AM12/10/20
to FORCE
Yes, Fabian's answer is the way to go. Please see the installation instructions:  https://force-eo.readthedocs.io/en/latest/setup/depend.html
Cheers,
David

paulre...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2021, 4:31:29 AM1/11/21
to FORCE
Hey all,

We have installed all the dependencies on the server now. However, a new error now occurs during level 2 processing.
When executing:
force-level2 FORCE/testdata/parameter/lvl2_processing.prm
It shows the following error:
27 images enqueued. Start processing with 5 CPUs
/usr/local/bin/force-level2: line 190: /usr/local/bin/force-l2ps: No such file or directory

In the log file there is the following:
/FORCE/testdata/level1/T36KUV/S2A_MSIL1C_20190109T074301_N0207_R092_T36KUV_20190109T093427.SAFE: /usr/local/bin/force-l2ps is not existing/executable

I checked the usr/local/bin there is only force-l2ps_ but not force-l2ps, in my local installation of FORCE there is neither but it works without this error.

The Data is also enqueued but not processed in the output folder.

Thanks in advance for your help, best regards
Paul

david frantz

Jan 11, 2021, 10:29:26 AM1/11/21
to FORCE
Hi Paul,

there is still an issue with the installation.

FORCE consists of bash scripts (that do not need compiling) and C programs (that need compiliing).

force-l2ps is a C program, force-level2, force-l2ps_ and force-level1-csd are bash.

Most likely, the ``make`` step failed (5), thus only the bash scripts were installed with ``make install`` (6): https://force-eo.readthedocs.io/en/latest/setup/install.html

Cheers,
David