Error: Metadata directory does not exist, exiting

moh713...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2021, 6:07:06 AM2/19/21
to FORCE
Hi,
I am running :
force-level1-csd -u /index/
results are :
orce-level1-csd - FORCE cloud storage downloader for Landsat and Sentinel-2

Usage: force-level1-csd [-c min,max] [-d starttime,endtime] [-n] [-k] [-s sensor]
                        [-t tier] [-u]
                        metadata-dir level-1-datapool queue aoi

Error: Metadata directory does not exist, exiting

Could anyone tell me the solution?
I am using  FORCE v. 3.6.3 on ubuntu 18.04

jonas...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2021, 6:52:03 AM2/19/21
to FORCE
Hi make sure the meta data directory exists before, works fine for me:
[jonasardo@aurora-nateko2 L1]$ force-level1-csd -u /projects/eko/fs2/FORCE/metadata/

Downloading Landsat metadata catalogue...
Extracting compressed Landsat metadata catalogue...

Downloading Sentinel-2 metadata catalogue...
Extracting compressed Sentinel-2 metadata catalogue...

Done. You can run this script without option -u to download data now.

[jonasardo@aurora-nateko2 L1]$ ls -al /projects/eko/fs2/FORCE/metadata/
total 8893080
drwxrwxr-x 2 jonasardo leo       4096 Feb 19 12:49 .
drwxr-xr-x 9 jonasardo leo       4096 Feb 17 08:38 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 jonasardo leo 2501009389 Feb 19 12:48 metadata_landsat.csv
-rw-r--r-- 1 jonasardo leo 6605484433 Feb 19 12:49 metadata_sentinel2.csv
[jonasardo@aurora-nateko2 L1]$

civilizati3

Nov 10, 2021, 12:16:39 PM11/10/21
to FORCE
Hello,

I'm starting out with the tutorial and am having this error too, with all of the directories in the tutorial, as well as with the example used here. I have a feeling something is set up wrong. How can I make sure the metadata directory exists? Does this mean giving it a corresponding path on my machine? Where would I look to check if something is a valid metadata directory? I realize these are all novice questions, and would appreciate your help.

Victor

civilizati3

Nov 10, 2021, 12:18:52 PM11/10/21
to FORCE
To clarify my question, I'm currently not sure where I should look to check the directory path on Google Cloud storage. What is the place I can check to see if something is stored there? Thanks.

civilizati3

Nov 10, 2021, 12:47:33 PM11/10/21
to FORCE
I found a partial answer myself by finding the force-level1-csd.sh script, and digging through. That combined with this link showed me the following:

(1) That shell script, force-level1-csd.sh is responsible for the command by the same name.

(2) The script expects a metadata folder with the same name as the directory on GCS on your machine. This folder should be accessible by the path name from the current directory. See the update_meta() function in the file for more context.