inquires

moh713...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2020, 10:53:30 AM9/29/20
to FORCE
Dear David,
in the reference paper regarding co-registration module, it is mentioned that :
The module is implemented between cloud masking and radiometric correction .
Does this have relation to the order in the parameter file for level 2?
in other words:  I find the module  after these two modules : cloud masking and radiometric correction as shown here:
++PARAM_LEVEL2_START++

# INPUT/OUTPUT DIRECTORIES
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILE_QUEUE = NULL
DIR_LEVEL2 = NULL
DIR_LOG = NULL
DIR_TEMP = NULL

# DIGITAL ELEVATION MODEL
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILE_DEM = NULL
DEM_NODATA = -32767

# DATA CUBES
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO_REPROJ = TRUE
DO_TILE = TRUE
FILE_TILE = NULL
TILE_SIZE = 30000
BLOCK_SIZE = 3000
RESOLUTION_LANDSAT = 30
RESOLUTION_SENTINEL2 = 10
ORIGIN_LON = -25
ORIGIN_LAT = 60
PROJECTION = GLANCE7
RESAMPLING = CC

# RADIOMETRIC CORRECTION OPTIONS
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO_ATMO = TRUE
DO_TOPO = TRUE
DO_BRDF = TRUE
ADJACENCY_EFFECT = TRUE
MULTI_SCATTERING = TRUE

# WATER VAPOR CORRECTION OPTIONS
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIR_WVPLUT = NULL
WATER_VAPOR = NULL

# AEROSOL OPTICAL DEPTH OPTIONS
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO_AOD  = TRUE
DIR_AOD  = NULL

# CLOUD DETECTION OPTIONS
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAX_CLOUD_COVER_FRAME = 75
MAX_CLOUD_COVER_TILE  = 75
CLOUD_THRESHOLD  = 0.225
SHADOW_THRESHOLD = 0.02

# RESOLUTION MERGING
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
RES_MERGE = IMPROPHE

# CO-REGISTRATION OPTIONS
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIR_COREG_BASE = NULL
COREG_BASE_NODATA = -9999

# MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONS
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPULSE_NOISE = TRUE
BUFFER_NODATA = FALSE

# TIER LEVEL
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
TIER = 1

# PARALLEL PROCESSING
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Multiprocessing options (NPROC, DELAY) only apply when using the batch
# utility force-level2. They are not used by the core function force-l2ps.
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
NPROC = 32
NTHREAD = 2
PARALLEL_READS = FALSE
DELAY = 3
TIMEOUT_ZIP = 30

# OUTPUT OPTIONS
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
OUTPUT_FORMAT = GTiff
OUTPUT_DST = FALSE
OUTPUT_AOD = FALSE
OUTPUT_WVP = FALSE
OUTPUT_VZN = FALSE
OUTPUT_HOT = FALSE
OUTPUT_OVV = TRUE

++PARAM_LEVEL2_END++

-the other inquiry is :
for co-registration do you use Collection 1 Tier 1 level-2 to average the monthly mean NIR reflectance ?  is it downloaded from USGS?

- is there any method to use the mask in Level-2. This is very important in some cases specially when the study area is a small island as my case where 4 sentinel-2 cover the study area and a big part of this images is processed and it is in the sea!(heavy computation).
- have any one try to use ARD from USGS as input in level-2? it needs to be topography-corrected?
Thanks

moh713...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2020, 3:02:44 PM9/29/20
to FORCE
Dear David,
final inquiry
I have gone through the path "/usr/local/bin" where all modules should be to explore the coregistration module, I did not find any thing related.
This is a print screen for the contents of this path
Screenshot from 2020-09-29 21-59-53.png
I am using the force version 3.5.1.

Stefan

Oct 12, 2020, 8:36:04 AM10/12/20
to FORCE
Hi Mohammed,
please have a look at the new coregistration tutorial. It should answer your questions about how coregistration works and how to set it up properly:
https://force-eo.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howto/coreg.html

Stefan

moh713...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2020, 12:30:11 PM10/14/20
to FORCE
thank you very much ,
It worked and finally I moved to the other step