FOOTMAD CONTRA THIS SATURDAY!

1 view

Linda James

Nov 8, 2017, 3:58:23 PM11/8/17
to foo...@googlegroups.com
We are dancing on Saturday Evening!

Our band is the wonderful
Carter Laney and Friends,
and our caller is the ever popular
Naomi Anderegg!!!

Birmingham multi-instrumentalist Carter Laney will be joined by Charlie Hunter, Stephanie Cook, Philip Foster, and Jason Flournoy. Sounds like a rocking band.

Our own Naomi Anderegg will lead us through the dance moves.

Of course, we can't dance without 4 dancers willing to donate a little time and energy to helping setup and run the dance.  In return for their efforts, they get in FREE on Saturday!
If you are willing and able to help, please sign up here:
http://signup.com/go/W9u1fP

We will also be celebrating all November Birthday People at this dance!

*Later this month, (November 25th), we will be having our annual TURKEY TROT.  At that dance, we bring unwrapped, new gift items for kids and teens.  It is Footmad's way to participate in the YWCA's SANTA'S WORKSHOP.  Now is the time to start shopping for this.

Santa’s Workshop is held each year at the YWCA to help families living in area homeless shelters and transitional housing programs to have a happy holiday season. Gifts needed include new toys for infants, children and teens and new clothing for all ages.  Other good gift ideas include $20.00 gift cards from Target or Ross Dress for Less, or TJ Max or other stores which sell items for teens.  These gift cards are needed since the YWCA gives each of the older children a $20 gift card.

Footmad members have always done a GREAT JOB at supporting our effort to help the kids through Santa's Workshop.  If you are unable to shop for items for babies through teen, we will have a jar for cash or check donations to Santa's Workshop.

*If you are looking for something else fun to do this weekend, head over to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens for the Alabama Designer Craftsmen Art Show on Saturday and Sunday.  Besides beautiful art and great holiday shopping, there is a children's area where kids get to learn from some of the Artists.

You know how much fun we have at our dances,
please invite your friends and family to join in that fun!  Bring them to a dance!

Thanks for reading,
    Thanks for dancing,
        Thanks for sharing this email,
            Thanks for volunteering to help.