We dance on Saturday Evening!

1 view

Linda James

Feb 21, 2018, 6:09:56 PM2/21/18
to foo...@googlegroups.com
Our Contra on Saturday features
the Music of
Ed & Elsie

and the Calling of
Deanna Palumbo
A great team to pull together an incredible dance!

This fiddle-piano duo from Huntsville is fabulous to dance to especially with the calling of Deanna Palumbo, a traveling caller from Atlanta, GA, who has called throughout the southeast and midwest - known for her clear, infectious and melodious voice.
And guess what.  We still need 2 more wonderful volunteers to get to the dance early and sit at the admission table.  Here's the job description:
Take turns manning the admissions table 6:45 - 8:30. Two people at the admissions table recommended for the rush; one is fine after the line has dissipated.  This involves:
-Taking up money & giving change.
-Punching frequent dancer cards.
-Welcoming new dancers, making sure they have a get in free card for the next dance, and telling them a bit about buttons, where the bathrooms are, etc.

Please take a minute to SIGN UP HERE:

http://signup.com/go/W9u1fP

And looking ahead,

Our first March Contra will be held on March 10 with the Red Mountain Yellowhammers.

Our second March Contra will be held on March 24 with The Yellow Dandies and Chrissy Davis Camp AND A PICNIC in the gym at the YWCA.  The PICNIC will begin at 6pm.  Bring you own sack dinner, FOOTMAD will provide a drink and dessert!

In April, besides our Contras on April 14 & April 28, we ALSO will be dancing at the MAGIC CITY ART CONNECTION in Linn Park, Downtown Birmingham.  Please mark you calendars to be THERE on Sunday, April 29th around 2pm.  We dance from 2:25 - 2:45pm.  Our purpose at this event is to show folks how much fun Contra IS, so they will come to our dances at the YWCA.  The Sparklers will be playing that event.
More details as we get closer to that date.

Thanks for reading this email and of course, thanks for DANCING!

Linda James
PRP for Birmingham FOOTMAD
www.FOOTMADbirmingham.org