Our FOOTMAD Memorial Day Weekend Dance is Saturday!

Linda James

May 23, 2018, 4:43:45 PM5/23/18
to foo...@googlegroups.com
Come dance with us on Saturday as we feature
Charlie Hunter and Friends playing fabulous tunes
with
Chrissy Davis-Camp
calling fabulous calls.

If you have family visiting for the holiday weekend, please bring them along!

As usual, it will be a wonderful evening filled with great people and tons of fun.

We dance at the YWCA (309 23rd Street North, Birmingham) with beginners at 7pm, and music and dance from 7:30-10:30pm.  EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
More info at our website:  www.FOOTMADbirmingham.org

We still are in need of 3 more volunteers (2 to take early shift at the admissions table and help with set-up, and 1 to shop for and bring snacks and get reimbursed up to $30)  These people get FREE ADMISSION TO THE DANCE in thanks for volunteering.  If you are able and available to do one of these jobs, please sign up here:  http://signup.com/go/W9u1fP

Other things happening this week and a little in the future:

1.  TONIGHT at the Emmet O'Neal Library in Mountain Brook at 6:30pm, Art House Film Series Movie PURPLE NOON (1960).  This film is intended for an adult audience.  It is FREE, refreshments will be served.  http://emmetoneal.libnet.info/event/783533

2.  Saturday morning at Pepper Place Market, the RED MOUNTAIN YELLOWHAMMERS will be entertaining farmers and shoppers.  Come cheer them on.  www.pepperplacemarket.com/#themarket

3.  Friday - Monday in Atlanta, BUTTERFLY WHIRL Contra Dance Weekend.  More info here:  http://butterflywhirl.com/

4.  It is time to REGISTER for our Magnificent Mentone Monster Mash Contra Weekend. This really is the BEST dance weekend on the planet.  August 17-19.
Register TODAY!

5.  The Alabama Symphony will be presenting 3 free concerts at Railroad Park, Symphony in the Summer on June 8, 9, and 10.  Bring a picnic, bring a chair, bring the family and all of your friends.
Here are the links:

6.  Don't forget to vote in the Alabama Primary Election on Tuesday, June 5.

7.  Our first June Contra will be held on Saturday June 9 with the Nashville Ceili Band and calling by Naomi Anderegg.

If you are on the road this weekend, please be careful out there!

Thanks for reading this email.

Hope to see you on the dance floor,
Linda James
PRP for Birmingham FOOTMAD