Come Contra on Saturday Evening!

1 view

Linda James

Jun 20, 2018, 4:22:22 PM6/20/18
to foo...@googlegroups.com
It may be hot outside, but the Birmingham YWCA is nice and cool.  Come dance with us!

Our band this Saturday is BANJAXED from Atlanta
Our caller is the wonderful Robbin Marcus, also from Atlanta

Tim Cape and Mike Simpson are BANJAXED.  Both of these fine musicians play fiddle and guitar and will be swapping instruments to help create an exciting evening.  Of course, Robbin Marcus will be calling super fun dances.  All we need to make this a perfect evening is YOU!  We need 4 of you to volunteer for a mini job that gives you free admission to the dance.  If you haven't had the opportunity to volunteer for a FOOTMAD Contra yet, here's your chance!  It really is super fun, and we can't have a dance without 4 volunteers.  Please choose which job you are going to do and sign up here:  http://signup.com/go/W9u1fP

FOOTMAD Contras are always with LIVE MUSIC.  Nothing canned.
We welcome everyone, especially folks that have never even heard of contra dancing!  Come laugh and smile and have a great time with us this Saturday evening.  Admission is $10 for adults, less for folks that aren't quite adults yet.
If this is your first FOOTMAD contra, we have a gift for you, a get-in-free card for your next contra.

Beginners should arrive at 7pm for a brief introduction to contra.  Everyone else come dance from 7:30-10:30pm
We dance at the Birmingham YWCA.  Directions, videos, calendar of future dances and lots more is available at our website www.FOOTMADbirmingham.org  If someone forwarded this to you, sign up for our emails at the website too!

*At the website, you can also find a link for our MENTONE DANCE WEEKEND that is coming up on August 17-19.  The absolute most fun available!  Fabulous dances, housing, breakfasts, old time jams, swimming, skits...  Have YOU registered yet?  Here's a direct link right to the site:  http://www.footmadbirmingham.org/mentone.html

If you can't make the contra on Saturday, our next dance will be on July 14 with Contraplicity and calling by Charlie Harvey.

Come DANCE, LAUGH, and HAVE A BLAST!

See you on the dance floor,
Linda James
PRP for Birmingham FOOTMAD