Wolfgang Roethig Piano Recital This Saturday

1 view

Foothill Community Concert Series

Dec 2, 2019, 2:54:58 PM12/2/19
to Foothill Community Concert Series
Foothill Community Concert Series invites you to our annual
community fund raising concert.  Wolfgang Roethig is our organist
at Foothill Community Presbyterian Church, and he is joining the
concert series for a benefit concert for Front Door Ministries which
provides food to the homeless right here in San Jose.

We hope you will join us for this annual fund raiser.  Discount tickets
are available until 7:00 pm this Thursday at http://fcpcsanjose.com/wolfgang-2019

Wolfgang FB.JPG

Foothill Community Concert Series is pleased to present

WOLFGANG ROETHIG

Piano Recital

Saturday, December 7th, 2019 at 7:00 pm

at

Foothill Community Presbyterian Church

5301 McKee Road, San Jose

Admission: $10.00 advance / $15.00 at the door

    Children 12 and under are admitted free.

    Admission includes a post-concert reception with a chance to meet the artists.

Wolfgang Roethig started playing piano at age 9 and organ at age 14. He participated

regularly in recitals and concerts as a soloist and accompanist. He also played church

organ regularly in his hometown near Heilbronn, Germany,  for 10 years.  When he

moved to Paris, France for doctoral studies, he was twice finalist in the "Concours de

Piano des Grandes Ecoles".  Wolfgang now lives in San Jose, CA, and balances family

life and work in the high tech industry with his passion for music. He is organist at

Foothill Presbyterian Church, and he enjoys playing both classical music and jazz on

the piano.

The concert will include Bach's Goldberg Variations, movements from Sonatas by

Mozart and Beethoven in the form of variations, an Impromptu by Schubert, Brahms'

variations on a theme originally composed by Handel, and Edvard Greg's Ballade.

The idea is to show how composers from different centuries developed themes in

their unique style while using a common form and in some cases even seemed to collaborate.

Tickets are available at the door, or online at www.fcpcsanjose.com/fccs.

Online tickets are available up to 48 hours prior to concert start.

Tickets purchased online will be waiting for you at the door.

Online tickets are non-refundable, but may be applied to future concerts if you notify us prior to concert.