Looking for a Research or Consultancy Position

Yashi Srivastava

Feb 17, 2023, 7:06:18 AM2/17/23
to International Food Loss and Food Waste Studies Group
Dear All,

I, Yashi Srivastava, am currently pursuing my Doctoral studies at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. My registered thesis topic is ‘Food as Commons: Cases from India’. The study aims to understand the social practices undertaken by community members to share tangible and intangible food commons. For the research, I am examining multiple cases that value food as a shared resource ranging from a seed-saving collective, and urban gardens to a food rescue organization. I have employed qualitative research methodology using the case study method, informal interviews, focus group discussions, and participant observation.

I am currently looking for a research position in the areas of sustainable food systems, sharing economies, alternative food networks or FLW. I want to broaden my knowledge and skills and would really appreciate any leads regarding the same. I am currently based out of India and looking for remote opportunities.

I would be happy to share my CV and any additional information required.

Regards,
Yashi