New Publication

Elliot Woolley

Nov 22, 2021, 11:55:21 AM11/22/21
to foodwast...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Hope you are all well in these turbulent times.

It gives me great pleasure to be able to tell you that our latest manuscript ‘A data driven approach to reducing household food waste’ has now been published online in Sustainable Production and Consumption.

The full text is available here: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spc.2021.11.004

The paper describes a practical tool for supporting user understanding of available stock and supports planning and purchasing through intelligent recipe suggestion (based on foods that need eating soon).

If you are interested, and in case you have not already seen it, a precursor to this paper was published in January and is available here: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2021.01.073

Hope they are useful.

Elliot

Dr Elliot Woolley

Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Manufacturing

Room T.2.11.

Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering

Loughborough University

Leicestershire

LE11 3TU

UK

E: e.b.w...@lboro.ac.uk

T: +44 (0)1509 225410

www.lboro.ac.uk

Julia Szulecka

Nov 30, 2021, 6:13:36 AM11/30/21
to foodwast...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

In the name of the BREAD Project team at the University of Oslo and Food Banks Norway I would like to cordially invite you to join our online workshop ‘Tackling Food Waste Through the

Redistribution of Surplus Food: Policies and Best Practices Across Europe’ which will be held next on Thursday next week, 9 December 2021, 9:00 - 11:00 CET

Please find attached a pdf leaflet. Registration for the event is possible HERE.

Food redistribution is a topic that casts food waste reduction goals on the broader background of social policy, economic inequalities and poverty alleviation. As the experience of the COVID-19 shows, resilience of food systems and welfare states can be put to unexpected stress tests, and this makes food redistribution regulations and practices an area of high societal relevance.

By inviting experts from several countries, both researchers and practitioners, our workshop offers a platform for discussing food redistribution policies in a broader perspective. The speakers will give an overview of food redistribution tools and context in their respective countries. Together with the moderator and the workshop, we will jointly reflect on the important question: “what works?” in redistribution policy.

The workshop is part of the ongoing research project BREAD, analyzing innovation in the food sector and the governance of food waste reduction.

Best regards,

Dr. Julia Szulecka

Senior Researcher

Principal Investigator in BREAD project

TIK Center for Technology, Innovation, and Culture

University of Oslo

Food redistribution workshop.pdf