Webinar on systemic solutions to food waste and poverty #PlentyToShare

Martin Bowman

May 28, 2021, 10:27:49 AMMay 28
to foodwast...@googlegroups.com
Hi fellow food waste researchers,

Thank you so much to those of your who supported our Food Abundance and Equality Declaration - part of the Plenty to Share project, which is a growing (mainly UK-based) movement calling for a move beyond surplus food redistribution to design food waste and food poverty out of the system in the first place. We're beginning to have some impact with our launch in the Big Issue and Left Foot Forward, and blog for IFAN, and we hope to do more to support and build movements for systemic solutions to food waste and poverty.

We're hosting a webinar on Weds June 9th, 2021 12:30 - 14.00PM, and would love you to join us for some inspiring talks and discussion, including Ian Byrne MP, IFAN and Tax Justice UK. We're also about to launch a new Plenty to Share newsletter (sign up here), with regular updates on news and campaigns for systemic solutions to food waste/poverty.

It's also not too late to support the Declaration - use our sign up form here to add your name.

If you think any of your networks would be interested in the webinar or newsletter, we'd be very grateful if you could spread the word via socials and/or newsletters. We've provided some templates below in case it's helpful:

Webinar link:

Template text if you'd like to share by email/newsletter:
I've joined over 40 organisations and individuals supporting the Food Abundance and Equality Declaration, calling for systemic solutions to end the need for food banks in the world's sixth richest country, and prevent food waste arising in the first place. This Is Rubbish are hosting a webinar to introduce the campaign - register to join/spread the news, and sign up for the Plenty to Share newsletter for monthly updates on systemic solutions to food waste and poverty. The webinar will feature an introduction to the Plenty to Share movement by This Is Rubbish, talks from Ian Byrne MP (#RightToFood campaign), the Independent Food Aid Network and Tax Justice UK, followed by a discussion of how we can come together to mobilise for systemic solutions to food waste and poverty. Everyone welcome! Read more in the Big Issue and Left Foot Forward.
********

Thank you so much again, and please do get in touch if you have any ideas for collaboration - whether it be existing campaigns for systemic solutions you'd like us to amplify through future newsletters/workshops, or you'd like help getting involved in campaigns for systemic solutions. Our focus is on national-level policy change, to end poverty and the need for food banks, and to prevent food waste arising in the first place.

All the best,
Martin
--
Martin Bowman
Policy and Partnerships Lead

This Is Rubbish
Communicating the scale of preventable food waste.
Twitter: @foodwaste