FW: Introducing Drawdown Food

1 view

Annette Mills

May 11, 2024, 6:40:33 PMMay 11
to food-act...@googlegroups.com

Food Action Team members,

If you’re interested in the connection between food systems and climate change, you might be interested in reading the first article below.

Annette

May 13, 2024, 11:18:23 AMMay 13
to ami...@willamettewatershed.com, food-act...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for sharing this Annette! Project Drawdown has some really good info. I get the Waggle, but not the newsletter, so I will sign up for that now. I've had a few conversations with Jonathan Hawken, who fields inquiries for Project Drawdown. He is delightful! Alas, I've tried to get myself a writing job with them and have not yet been successful! Back to the topic at hand: I love this new emphasis on food because food is a sector where every individual and family can make changes that have a significant impact on reducing climate emissions. And now a plug for my former employer . . . here is a link to a food lesson  that we repurposed for online use during COVID. I see there is an extra video on the page--a techno glitch--but the food videos and journal pages are there. Please share with teachers and youth groups you know. It is designed to be flexibly used by families, in classrooms, and by individuals. Fun Fact: a UN Waste prevention group of some sort (I can't remember who now) gave this lesson extra press by choosing it as an exemplar for waste reduction.

See you all later,
Kathy

--
——————
Food Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: We are fed primarily by food which is locally produced, using practices that renew and enrich the land and community.

sustainablecorvallis.org/what-we-do/action-teams/food
---