Att: Kartk - Fony description

Donn

Jul 12, 2009, 6:06:51 AM7/12/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
Kartik,
I just noticed that the description for Fonty when one looks it up in a
package manager is: "A GUI tool to manage ttf fonts"

This is out of date now. If it's not too late, could we use:

"Find, view and manage fonts - group them for temporary use. TTF, TTC, OTF and
Type1 files supported."

Sorry to pick this up so late!

\d
--
home: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/
2D vector animation : https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/things/

Kartik Mistry

Jul 12, 2009, 11:01:19 AM7/12/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Donn<donn....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just noticed that the description for Fonty when one looks it up in a
> package manager is: "A GUI tool to manage ttf fonts"
>
> This is out of date now. If it's not too late, could we use:
>
> "Find, view and manage fonts - group them for temporary use. TTF, TTC, OTF and
> Type1 files supported."

Hi,

Thanks for noticing it..

However, Debian package has two types package description.

1. Short: Need to fit this < 60 characters
2. Extended: Should be verbose about what package is doing. More than
2 lines are useful.

So, we have: http://packages.debian.org/sid/fontypython

First line is (1), next para is (2)

I will add suggested description with next upload..

--
Cheers,
Kartik Mistry | 0xD1028C8D | IRC: kart_

Donn

Jul 12, 2009, 11:38:34 AM7/12/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
Kartik,

> 1. Short: Need to fit this < 60 characters
Find, view and manage font files of all kinds.
(46 chars)

> 2. Extended: Should be verbose about what package is doing.

You can quickly view and filter arbitrary TTF, TTC, OTF or Type1 font files and
then gather them together into 'pogs' which can be installed or removed as
needed. In this way you control which fonts are installed on a per-project
basis.

> I will add suggested description with next upload..

Brilliant.

Thanks,

Donn

Jul 14, 2009, 3:37:11 AM7/14/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, 12 July 2009 17:01:19 Kartik Mistry wrote:
> I will add suggested description with next upload..
I sent the two strings yesterday, not sure if you got them.
Does the "next upload" mean Fonty 0.5 or do you mean you will re-upload 0.4?

Thanks,

Kartik Mistry

Jul 14, 2009, 5:04:28 AM7/14/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Donn<donn....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I sent the two strings yesterday, not sure if you got them.
> Does the "next upload" mean Fonty 0.5 or do you mean you will re-upload 0.4?

Next upload in Debian will be: 0.4-2

I have uploaded 0.4-1 where revision after - shows Debian revision.

Donn

Jul 14, 2009, 5:12:25 AM7/14/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, 14 July 2009 11:04:28 Kartik Mistry wrote:
> Next upload in Debian will be: 0.4-2
> I have uploaded 0.4-1 where revision after - shows Debian revision.
I wondered what the -1 was, however I still don't really savvy. As ever, I
leave it in your hands. Many thanks Kartik.