Fonty - showing all glyphs

1 view

Donn

Sep 22, 2009, 1:25:34 PM9/22/09
to fontypython
Hi,
I'd like to offer a window that shows all the characters (glyphs?) in a
selected file. I am not sure how best to do this. My first thought is to start a
loop at 0 and end it at 65 thousand (ish), turn the index into a character
(unicode) and then render it -- until there's some stop condition.
This seems clumsy. Any ideas?

\d
--
home: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/
2D vector animation : https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/things/

Chris Mohler

Sep 22, 2009, 2:18:33 PM9/22/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Donn <donn....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to offer a window that shows all the characters (glyphs?) in a
> selected file. I am not sure how best to do this. My first thought is to start a
> loop at 0 and end it at 65 thousand (ish), turn the index into a character
> (unicode) and then render it -- until there's some stop condition.
> This seems clumsy. Any ideas?

Dunno - maybe peek at how FontLab/RoboFab do things?

Chris