New Revision 129

1 view

Michael Hoeft

Oct 2, 2009, 5:15:42 PM10/2/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
Hello out there, hello Donn,

I got the latest revision 129 of FP. At first let me say I enjoy the
new look, it's eye candy. The next I have to say, a message box raises
a "Python Error" while startup FP:

Can't load image from file '~/trunk/fontypythonmodules/things/font_cannot_draw.png':
file does not exist

Then the button "delete pog" doesn't works:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "~trunk/fontypythonmodules/gui_Right.py", line 162, in multiClick
if p.isInstalled():
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'isInstalled'

These lines are reported on commandline. As I can see the problem is
that "tokill"-list (or "multipogs"-list) contains the pognames as
string, not the pog instances itself. A solution may be not to set

tokill = multipogs

but use something like

tokill = [something_ingenious(p) for p in multipogs]

Another way is to allow only one pog to delete in one time (even there
is multiselection), I think it's safer or what's the world's opinion?

It seems, Donn you are infected by the list-comprehension-virus as well ;).

OK, have a good time, more the next time!

Michael

Donn

Oct 2, 2009, 5:21:12 PM10/2/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
Bugs! In Fonty! You wound me Sir. There are no bugs in Fonty, she is perfect
:D

Okay, thanks for the tips. I will find and destructivicate those bugs tomorrow.

Best,
\d

Donn

Oct 3, 2009, 2:15:27 AM10/3/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

> '~/trunk/fontypythonmodules/things/font_cannot_draw.png': file does not
> exist
That was a confusing bug because it was an svn problem. I think it should be
okay now.

> Then the button "delete pog" doesn't works:

>tokill = [something_ingenious(p) for p in multipogs]

Ha ha! Yes, I had to do something like that. That delete code was badly buggy!
I can't believe I didn't test it! Thanks for catching it.
I have repaired it in both trunk and releases/fonty0-4-2

Many thanks for your watchful eye.

> It seems, Donn you are infected by the list-comprehension-virus as well ;).

I am getting there ;)

A new favourite trick of mine (Python 2.5 on) is stuff like this:
x = some_value if something_else > blah else some_value * 2
or
x = Y if W else Z
Very cool.

Go well.
\d

Michael Hoeft

Oct 3, 2009, 6:04:49 AM10/3/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
Hello Donn

an interim report!

> I have repaired it in both trunk and releases/fonty0-4-2

I found the fixed version only in releases/fonty0-4-2, but not in
trunk. svn is an cryptic thing, I am happy to get my update and haven't
to do more complicated actions.

gui_Right.py, line 166:

ps.pub(show_error, _("One or more selected fonts is installed, fix your selection and try again."))

Could it be better to say "One ore more selected >pogs<....", because
the right column is labeled with "Pogs", the buttons are also say
"Install Pog", "Uninstall Pog". "fonts" may be confusing.

Just hang in there!

Michael

Donn

Oct 3, 2009, 6:44:06 AM10/3/09
to fonty...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday 03 October 2009 12:04:49 Michael Hoeft wrote:
> I found the fixed version only in releases/fonty0-4-2, but not in
> trunk.
For some reason it did not commit. I have just done it now. Other stuff is
broken though - the settings dialog for example. I am hacking and this *is*
the trunk :)

> svn is an cryptic thing
Tell me about it!

> Could it be better to say "One ore more selected >pogs<...."

Excellent suggestion. So done.

Thanks Michael,
\d