David Newman - July 20 6-8pm

Jennifer Ferris-Glick

Jul 13, 2014, 10:32:49 PM7/13/14
to Me
Friends -

I hope that you will join me Sunday, July 20th from 6-8pm at the Union Project for a sacred evening of healing call and response chanting, devotional music and sacred song with Kirtan Chant Artist David Newman (Durga Das). David’s distinctive approach to Kirtan embodies a heartfelt devotional mysticism with an adventurous musicality and poetic intimacy. Join David for an uplifting journey into bliss.

David Newman or Durga Das, as he is also known, is a Kirtan chant artist, sacred singer songwriter and a practitioner and educator of Bhakti Yoga - the Yoga of Love. David travels extensively sharing Kirtan, devotional music and the spiritual, meditative and musical aspects of Yoga. His music embodies a devotional mysticism, distinctive musicality, poetic intimacy and a joyous, often ecstatic quality. David is a recording artist for White Swan Records, the author of Merging with Grace, and the founder of The Stay Strong Project and Yoga On Main. He lives in the Philadelphia area with his wife Mira and daughter Tulsi.

This event will help commence a week of One WHIRL Yoga Fest promotions. The One WHIRL Yoga Fest is Saturday July 26 from 6:00am to 6:00pm.

Order tickets via Eventbrite:

Invite all of your friends along...It's guaranteed to be a fabulous time!

Children under 10 are free.
$20 in advance
$25 day of kirtan

www.davidnewmanmusic.com • www.staystrongproject.org