I can't get a shortcut into a folder

terran...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2019, 10:26:23 PM3/25/19
to Folder Organizer
The setup:
  I have a folder called "Notes"
  In that folder I have an app and a shortcut
  The app is Standard Notes and the shortcut is to a specific Google spreadsheet

New:
  Now I want to put a shortcut to a specific Excel spreadsheet in this folder
  I thought it was going to be easy
  I tried dragging a home screen shortcut into the folder
  It treats my folder as another item and creates a new folder
  The new folder contains the shortcut and my original Notes folder

Tests:
  I already have a Google sheets shortcut in the correct Notes folder
  I tried to recreate that and put a shortcut to a different Google spreadsheet into the Notes folder
  I can't do that either! I don't know how I did this last year!

Any ideas?