bugs with relative images, add doap:name

1 view

chrysn

Apr 14, 2010, 5:39:01 PM4/14/10
to foaf...@googlegroups.com
hello foaf.vix,

viewing my foaf profile at [1] with foaf.vix, i discovered that there
are problems with relative urls in depictions. i'm not 100% sure that's
a foaf.vix bug as i don't understand the xsl used, but it happens both
with firefox and epiphany (a webkit browser). i'm not sure if foaf.vix
only uses the foaf autodiscovered card.rdf at [2] or also the rdfa
embedded in [1] -- in the latter case, i use explicit link base setting
in html, which could affect that.

concerning currentProject, i suggest to evaluate every
rdfs:subPropertyOf of rdfs:label, not only dc:title (which is what works
on [3]). at least, doap:name would be nice as i think it is typically
used with projects.

(one more thing, it doesn't get my foaf:homepage right either, but i
have no idea what could cause that.)

regards
chrysn

[1] http://christian.amsuess.com/
[2] http://christian.amsuess.com/card.rdf
[3] http://gray.gnu.org.ua/foaf.rdf

-- Bene Gesserit axiom

signature.asc

Wojciech Polak

Apr 15, 2010, 3:04:36 AM4/15/10
to FOAF.Vix
On Apr 14, 11:39 pm, chrysn <chr...@fsfe.org> wrote:

> viewing my foaf profile at [1] with foaf.vix, i discovered that there
> are problems with relative urls in depictions.

Thanks for reporting. I'll investigate this tonight and email
you asap.

> (one more thing, it doesn't get my foaf:homepage right either, but i
> have no idea what could cause that.)

Well, by looking directly at http://christian.amsuess.com/card.rdf
source,
I see this:

<foaf:homepage rdf:resource=""/>

and this kind of relativeness is not supported.

Regards,
Wojciech

Wojciech Polak

Apr 19, 2010, 2:51:03 PM4/19/10
to FOAF.Vix
> Well, by looking directly at http://christian.amsuess.com/card.rdf
> source, I see this:
> <foaf:homepage rdf:resource=""/>
> and this kind of relativeness is not supported.

Actually, it should be now fixed. Check out
http://foaf-visualizer.org/?uri=http://christian.amsuess.com/

Regards,
Wojciech

chrysn

Apr 19, 2010, 9:38:03 PM4/19/10
to foaf...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:51:03AM -0700, Wojciech Polak wrote:
> Actually, it should be now fixed.

yes, looks good, thank you!

signature.asc