RLE Buffer Length Exceeded

Eric Larson

Feb 29, 2024, 10:20:39 AMFeb 29
to Fellow Oak DICOM
I am getting the following error:

Failed DICOM read C:\EI\ProcessDicomImageForAI\L1RAAM0O\L1RAAM0O.dcm:Dicom.Imaging.Codec.DicomCodecException: RLE literal run exceeds input buffer length.
   at Dicom.Imaging.Codec.RLEDecoder.Decode(Byte[] buffer, Int32 start, Int32 sampleOffset, Byte[] rleData, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at Dicom.Imaging.Codec.RLEDecoder.DecodeSegment(Int32 segment, Byte[] buffer, Int32 start, Int32 sampleOffset)
   at Dicom.Imaging.Codec.DicomRleNativeCodec.Decode(DicomPixelData oldPixelData, DicomPixelData newPixelData, DicomCodecParams parameters)
   at Dicom.Imaging.Codec.DicomTranscoder.Decode(DicomDataset oldDataset, DicomTransferSyntax outSyntax, IDicomCodec codec, DicomCodecParams parameters) in C:\dev\GitHub\fo-dicom\fo-dicom\DICOM\Imaging\Codec\DicomTranscoder.cs:line 235
   at Dicom.Imaging.Codec.DicomTranscoder.Transcode(DicomDataset dataset) in C:\dev\GitHub\fo-dicom\fo-dicom\DICOM\Imaging\Codec\DicomTranscoder.cs:line 138
   at FODicomInterfaces.FODicomInterfaceRead.ReadDICOMImageDataBytes(DicomFile dicomFile, Double defaultFPS, Double maximumSeconds, Boolean validateInput, Boolean verbose, String& logString) in C:\sbtest\BranchRoot\AllProjects\FODicomInterfaces\Impl\FoDicomInterfaces.cs:line 263

My code looks like this:
DicomDataset imageDataset =  DicomCodecExtensions.Clone(dicomDataset, DicomTransferSyntax.ImplicitVRLittleEndian);

My fo-dicom version is 5.1.1 and I am using nuget to manage my packages.

Is there a way for me to specify at buffer size?  Or is there a way for you to increase the buffer size in a future update?

Thank you,
Eric