Bug in Custom Function: ScriptOptionalParameterList

alec gregory

Jan 20, 2015, 12:05:49 PM1/20/15
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
I've been using the Error Handling custom function recently and I've found a bug in the "ScriptOptionalParameterList" custom function. It incorrectly calls "ScriptRequiredParameterList" on lines 53 and 68 when it should call "ScriptOptionalParameterList".

53 ScriptRequiredParameterList ( parameters )
68 ScriptRequiredParameterList ( scriptNameToParse )

Also, I'd like to be able to comment directly on filemakerstandards.org but that doesn't seem possible at the moment. Is that right or is there something I'm missing?

Daniel Smith

Jan 20, 2015, 12:36:56 PM1/20/15
to filemakerstandards.org
It looks like there is a newer version of the ScriptOptionalParameterList function that fixes this issue: https://github.com/filemakerstandards/fmpstandards/blob/master/Functions/%23Name-Value/ScriptOptionalParameterList.fmfn#L56

The function should be updated in the Standards.fmp12 file.

There was an issue with comment spam, so public comments were disabled. Matt may be able to give you access to comment directly on filemakerstandards.org.

Jeremy Bante

Jan 20, 2015, 2:26:49 PM1/20/15
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 9:05:49 AM UTC-8, alec gregory wrote:
Also, I'd like to be able to comment directly on filemakerstandards.org but that doesn't seem possible at the moment. Is that right or is there something I'm missing?

There's a license limitation for the wiki software. We'd like to enable more folks to comment, but that costs money we don't have.

alec gregory

Jan 20, 2015, 2:48:55 PM1/20/15
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
Understood. I'm fine to use this forum instead.

Matt Petrowsky

Jan 20, 2015, 2:51:36 PM1/20/15
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
Good news on this front. I was recently told about a confluence add-on
that would allow using a service like disqus.

It just took me about 10 minutes and it's now on the site. People can
register through disqus and post their comments.

Admins with accounts on filemakerstandards are suggested to go create
a disqus account and I'll set you as a moderator for the disqus
comments.

The one downside is that this add-on itself has a $50 fee. If the
community is up to it, I may take donations. We have a good trial
license for its use until Feb 19th.

Maybe the commenting traffic will pick up with this new option.

Also, for those who do have admin access, I did make https possible.
It is using my cert from isoproductions.com (which is valid -but will
have a domain mismatch) You can use this when logging in. When I have
the time I'll make the site default to https for logins.

Jeremy Bante

Jan 21, 2015, 12:41:30 AM1/21/15
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 11:51:36 AM UTC-8, matt wrote:
Admins with accounts on filemakerstandards are suggested to go create
a disqus account and I'll set you as a moderator for the disqus
comments.

Done. What's next?