Updating the Error functions

Matt Petrowsky

Aug 2, 2022, 5:05:48 PM8/2/22
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
Would love to get some feedback about a specific custom function which returns environment data. You'll find it here.

https://github.com/filemakerstandards/fmpstandards/blob/master/Functions/Errors/ErrorEnvironment.fmfn

Malcolm Fitzgerald

Aug 2, 2022, 7:41:55 PM8/2/22
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com, Matt Petrowsky
I've found it helpful. It's useful in diagnostic situations. Once the system stabilises the super-powers of this function shine less brightly.

Malcolm

Matt Petrowsky wrote on 3/08/22 9:05 AM:

Would love to get some feedback about a specific custom function which returns environment data. You'll find it here.

https://github.com/filemakerstandards/fmpstandards/blob/master/Functions/Errors/ErrorEnvironment.fmfn

Daniel Smith

Aug 2, 2022, 7:49:51 PM8/2/22
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com, Matt Petrowsky
I've never used it, I've found the other error and logging functions sufficient for collecting environment data.

Joshua Ormond

Aug 3, 2022, 12:45:36 PM8/3/22
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
It's rare that I've found any use for most of the other environment data. I need the data, a bit of a description, who, and when.

Like Daniel, error handling and logging are at the top of my list. That solves almost every problem.