Couple of problems with Temporomandibular joint

Alan Ruttenberg

May 26, 2010, 10:37:04 AM5/26/10
to fma-owl-2009
Bilateral overspecification:

part some 'Lateral ligament of right temporomandibular joint'
'constitutional part' some 'Right stylomandibular ligament'

Best,
Alan

Alan Ruttenberg

May 26, 2010, 3:22:53 PM5/26/10
to fma-owl-2009
Also, should primary and secondary dentition be part_of mouth?

Alan Ruttenberg

May 26, 2010, 3:30:28 PM5/26/10
to fma-owl-2009
I've put up the computed partonomy at http://ashby.csail.mit.edu/treeview/mouth-partonomy.html
There's some easy fixes to be had by looking at the terms at top level
that don't have children.
-Alan

Alan Ruttenberg

May 28, 2010, 12:41:50 AM5/28/10
to fma-owl-2009
I've done a bit of analysis of the issues with mouth, fixed some in my
version, and uploaded a new view.

All of the below were not inferred to be part of mouth

In the two below the parts (indented) are not (known to be) part of
the ducts. I've asserted them to be in my version.

As for the ducts, there are left and right major and minor sublingual
ducts. Their parents are the major or minor sublingual ducts. I don't
know if these are different ducts or semi-redundant, or whether they
are a second parent (unintended/unasserted) of the left major/minor
ducts).

Left sublingual duct
Lumen of left sublingual duct
Wall of left sublingual duct
Right sublingual duct
Wall of right sublingual duct
Lumen of right sublingual duct

Intercalated duct of sublingual gland

These two were member of the set of muscles (asserted in my version)

Left uvular muscle
Right uvular muscle

These two are part of the appropriate tooth:

Occlusal surface of left lower first molar tooth
Occlusal surface of right lower third molar tooth

The rest are the result of similar miscellaneous missed assertions

Mesial surface of right upper third molar tooth
Distal surface of right lower second premolar tooth
Incisal surface of right upper canine tooth
Crown proper of left upper first molar tooth
Lingual surface of left upper second molar tooth
Distolingual cusp of right upper first molar tooth
Palatine part of left palatoglossus

An earlier version show the hyoglossal membrane as not part of the
mouth. This is fixed in this version by assertion that a region of
tongue is part of the tongue.

-Alan

On May 26, 3:30 pm, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've put up the computed partonomy athttp://ashby.csail.mit.edu/treeview/mouth-partonomy.html

mej...@comcast.net

Jun 7, 2010, 4:40:01 PM6/7/10
to fma-ow...@googlegroups.com
Alan,

Not sure what you meant here. I don't see this relationship in the current FMA.

Onard

mej...@comcast.net

Jun 7, 2010, 5:01:10 PM6/7/10
to fma-ow...@googlegroups.com
Jun 7, 2010, 5:32:53 PM6/7/10
to fma-ow...@googlegroups.com
Very nice! This will help a lot in completing the part relationships.

Thanks!
Onard

On May 26, 3:22 pm, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, should primary and secondary dentition be part_of mouth?

Alan Ruttenberg

Jun 7, 2010, 8:08:45 PM6/7/10
to fma-ow...@googlegroups.com
They are present in my version of June 6.

Have a look at "Temporomandibular joint" FMAID 54832

I see:

part: Lateral ligament of right temporomandibular joint

and

constitutional part: Right stylomandibular ligament

-Alan

mej...@comcast.net

Jun 9, 2010, 5:40:17 PM6/9/10
to fma-ow...@googlegroups.com
Got it  now and have corrected the errors. Thanks.