New FMA release in OWL

Todd Detwiler

Feb 17, 2015, 2:24:51 PM2/17/15
to fma-ow...@googlegroups.com
As some of you are already aware, we released a new version of the FMA
last week (v4.0.1), available at: http://purl.org/sig/ont/fma

This is an OWL conversion of the FMA Frames ontology. We are now doing
all new FMA development in OWL. There is a tech report linked from the
above page that details how the conversion was produced. It is by no
means a complete process, we will continue to refine and improve the OWL
model. But, we hope that migrating the native model of the FMA to OWL
will prove a significant step towards interoperability.

Please feel free to share any feedback or suggestions that occur to you.
We intend to host some additional resources shortly that will facilitate
better issue tacking and discussion.

Todd Detwiler

--
Landon Todd Detwiler
Structural Informatics Group (SIG)

phone: 206-351-7721

Chris Mungall

Feb 17, 2015, 2:49:06 PM2/17/15
to fma-ow...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on the move and thanks for the update!

I'm sure there are more steps to go in the process, and folks on this
list should be able and willing to help as you move along

I'd like to have this be version registered on OBO, but for that we need
a stable URL that always points to the latest version

Todd Detwiler

Feb 17, 2015, 3:02:25 PM2/17/15
to fma-ow...@googlegroups.com
The URL that I sent will always point to a page from which the latest
can be downloaded. The attachment link within that page does, however,
have a version number. I could change that. But it also points to a zip
file. Is a stable link to the latest archived file sufficient, or do you
want it to point to the actual OWL file?

Thanks,
Todd

Chris Mungall

Feb 17, 2015, 7:24:28 PM2/17/15
to fma-ow...@googlegroups.com

On 17 Feb 2015, at 12:02, Todd Detwiler wrote:

> The URL that I sent will always point to a page from which the latest
> can be downloaded.

Yep, but this is for a machine not a human; could scrape the page but
that would be silly..

> The attachment link within that page does, however, have a version
> number. I could change that. But it also points to a zip file. Is a
> stable link to the latest archived file sufficient, or do you want it
> to point to the actual OWL file?

Preferably pointing to an OWL file, but we can work around this. If it
does point to a zip then preferable the filenames should be stable (as
you have it now)